pre workout energy supplements

Options
2»

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Ephedrine + caffeine + yohimbine washed down with a monster ultra

how many days until you are able to fall asleep?
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Ephedrine + caffeine + yohimbine washed down with a monster ultra

how many days until you are able to fall asleep?

And what do you do while the world slows down around you, but you are able to move at regular speed?
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Three scoops of coffee mixed in a coke. Will taste like **** but you should get the affect.
  • gfroniewski
    gfroniewski Posts: 168
    Options
    C4 or Jack3d Micro currently.
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    If you're a daily coffee drinker then none of them will work that well. Most of the pre-workouts main energy booster is caffeine. I would recommend stopping all caffeine for 5-7 days before deciding on a pre-workout supp or even using coffee as a pre-workout. You could try quitting the caffeine cold turkey or tapering off.
  • grantdumas7
    Options
    Three scoops of coffee mixed in a coke. Will taste like **** but you should get the affect.
    That will Make U Dangerous
  • mikemc620
    mikemc620 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I take a caffeine pill with my creatine and beta alanine(stuff that makes you tingle but has no requirement to be take before a workout) before I lift and usually eat an apple or a banana.

I used to take C4, but was told that the main thing to help your pre is the caffeine so I just take that alone and it is really cheap for a bottle.
  • mikemc620
    mikemc620 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    If you're a daily coffee drinker then none of them will work that well. Most of the pre-workouts main energy booster is caffeine. I would recommend stopping all caffeine for 5-7 days before deciding on a pre-workout supp or even using coffee as a pre-workout. You could try quitting the caffeine cold turkey or tapering off.

exactly what i was saying
  • JerZRob
    JerZRob Posts: 68
    Options
    I tried Assault and gave it away after two times. Completely destroyed my stomach. Had to stop lifting both times to go to the bathroom.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    Does anybody have any recommendations for a not too expensive pre workout supplement?

It would be for lifting, not cardio.

I recently started a new job and I am just mentally exhausted by the time I get home. this leads me to feel physically exhausted. It is the kind of energylessness where loading the bat for the warm up sets feels like it should be the entire workout.

I drink coffee all day ( have for years) do the obvious answer of caffeine/ coffee isn't going to work. It really has no effect on me anymore, lol.

Edit - awful autocorrect!
    Hint: practically ALL energy supplements use stimulants (caffeine being the main) to "increase" energy. Best energy supplement...............................motivation.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • awkwardly8
    awkwardly8 Posts: 10
    Options

woah, woah, woah. Is there life outside of coffee?

Unfortunately, you are right. I really need to cut back, but that is why I joined here, tracking so I can change and eat better. I'm sure a good healthy diet well give me the energy I need... eventually...boo, sadness ensues.
  • grantdumas7
    Options

woah, woah, woah. Is there life outside of coffee?

Unfortunately, you are right. I really need to cut back, but that is why I joined here, tracking so I can change and eat better. I'm sure a good healthy diet well give me the energy I need... eventually...boo, sadness ensues.
    I am about to take a break from caffeine for 5-7 days. I bought a caffeine free Pre-workout. I will stack it with extra B-12, ginseng and L-Tyrosine. That's something you may want to check into.
  • dr3w_s
    dr3w_s Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I usually take a can of energy drink 250ml serve. But I'm thinking to switch to Razor8 Blast as it's cheaper per serve and contains more caffeine
  • ahmadfahmy
    ahmadfahmy Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Does anybody have any recommendations for a not too expensive pre workout supplement?

It would be for lifting, not cardio.

I recently started a new job and I am just mentally exhausted by the time I get home. this leads me to feel physically exhausted. It is the kind of energylessness where loading the bat for the warm up sets feels like it should be the entire workout.

I drink coffee all day ( have for years) do the obvious answer of caffeine/ coffee isn't going to work. It really has no effect on me anymore, lol.

Edit - awful autocorrect!

Quit drinking coffee for a week. Most pre workout supps are caffeine based anyway so they're useless if you have a high tolerance already.
  • missarielbaby
    missarielbaby Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I use no-xplode 2.0. I will get if off gnc.com when its the buy one get one half off or free online! :) DONT buy it in the stores. its like 65 a bottle in the store, usually I get two for the same price online.
  • missarielbaby
    missarielbaby Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    And I forgot to mention, don't use it all the time. I will use it like, 3 days on and then take three days off. You will build an tolerance for it.