Something healthy and easy I can make with ground beef?

Options
I'm babysitting tomorrow and my sister pulled out some lean ground beef that I can use to my leisure, and I want to make something healthy with it! Any ideas?

Easy as in no weird spices or veggies that I can only get at supermarkets or world markets. I'm limited to generic house hold foods that people generally always have. Thanks!

Replies

• nibblesbunny
    nibblesbunny Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Burritos or what I like to call... "Burrito sans-tortilla shell salad" where you take all of the burrito ingredients and eat them without the tortilla shell. Shredded lettuce, diced tomato, diced bell pepper, diced jalapeno pepper, bit of shredded cheddar cheese, dollop of sour cream and the ground beef seasoned with homemade taco seasoning (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/taco-seasoning-i/).
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    burgers, meatloaf, meatballs, stirfry it up with some kale and pineapple, or my favorite.....make chili
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I like to make Chili Mac. It's quick and easy, and provides a good amount of protein.

Brown a pound of ground beef. Drain, if desired.
    Add a jar (about 2 1/2 cups) of your favorite pasta sauce (I use a lower sugar, lower sodium brand).
    Add a tablespoon of chili powder (more if you like it hotter) and mix well. Cook on low to simmer.
    Meanwhile, cook 1 1/2 cups of elbow macaroni. You can use a little less if you want to lower the carbs. Whole wheat works well, too, if you like it.
    Drain the macaroni and stir into the ground beef mixture.
    Makes 4 servings. The macros are listed below, based on the brands I use.
    If you don't mind a few extra calories, top with a little cheese of your choice.

This makes a yummy, fast, high-protein meal! Enjoy!

Calories 369
    Carbs 40
    Fat 10
    Protein 31
    Sugar 8
    Sodium 630
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    stuffed peppers
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Bolognese! (meat sauce) I add chopped carrots, celery and an onion (in a blender), sautee in olive oil and white wine, and then throw in 2 large cans of tomato sauce (adding 1 can of water each). You have sauce for a week. Or you could make a lasange and have that for a week. If you make lasangne you just layer sauce, no boil lasagna, and thin sliced provolone. It's my Sicilian MIL's recipe and is really good.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I was also thinking bolognese! It's easy to make, cooks quickly and freezes well. Or burgers.
  • fullofquirks
    fullofquirks Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Shepherd's pie but replace mashed potatoes with mashed cauliflower. Nom!

ETA- if you can find cauliflower. Apparently the wee little town I live in runs through spurts where we run out. Who knew? Hence why I didn't use cauliflower in our shepherd's pie last night.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Shepherd's pie but replace mashed potatoes with mashed cauliflower. Nom!
    What! Blasphemy.
  • fullofquirks
    fullofquirks Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I know, I know, I love me some mashed taters too but I tried it and it was good (last night I had no c.flower so we had the good old fashioned kind o' pie :smooched: )
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    my favorite ground beef dish is, mix the beef with 2 eggs and some parmesan/or bread roll it out flat on backing paper put a layer of fresh spinach on and some feta cheese crumbs roll it with help of the baking paper close the ends together and shove in oven for about 20-30 mins so super good
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I was also thinking bolognese! It's easy to make, cooks quickly and freezes well. Or burgers.
    :smile: