Lipo-B12 shots? Anyone doing these?

Options
I have been doing B12 shots at a local primary care office in my area for three months now, just monthly injections.
They have been amazing!

They're offering a new shot called a Lipo-B12 shot. They explained it to me that the B12 shots provides a metabolism boost and energy boost, and that the new shot does the same but also breaks down the fat in your body and helps get rid of it a lot faster.

Has anyone done these shots before, and if so, how were they?

Replies

• hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm all ears......
  • ismatts
    ismatts Posts: 62
    Options
    almost sounds too good to be true.
  • WeightingForSara
    WeightingForSara Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    almost sounds too good to be true.

I thought so also, which is why I wanted to see if anyone had done these before.
    I already do the B12 shots, and I love them.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested in hearing about this as well...Is it kinda like Fig? Anyone heard of them? They did weekly injections to fatty areas to breakdown the fat. They went bankrupt though. :(
  • vennie
    vennie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I did those under the Dr Berstein diet plan, go to DRBDIET.COM for more info.
    i lost a ton of weight quickly, just cut sugars and carbs, and keep your body in Ketosis.
    I have heard people that are not just getting the shots at a drop in clinic, for energy, as in Canada they won't just give you those shots, and apparently too much B vitamin is not good for you.

if you want to discuss more, you can email me at vennie@shaw.ca
  • WeightingForSara
    Options
    I did those under the Dr Berstein diet plan, go to DRBDIET.COM for more info.
    i lost a ton of weight quickly, just cut sugars and carbs, and keep your body in Ketosis.
    I have heard people that are not just getting the shots at a drop in clinic, for energy, as in Canada they won't just give you those shots, and apparently too much B vitamin is not good for you.

if you want to discuss more, you can email me at vennie@shaw.ca

They allow one B12 shot per week, but I have only been doing monthly.
    I am interested in the new LIPO B12 shot for sure.
    I'll check out the site, thanks!
  • vennie
    vennie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    At Dr B we went in 3 x's per week for shots, and did the diet plan which is very strict, i lost 20 lbs easy in 1 month, it is hard to stay o nit for a long time, b/c you don't eat much.
    One thing, even though my weight goes up, my size stays pretty much the same
    I am 52 and am going through the change, so i am stuggling with my weight, and it is hard to be on DR B with all those hormone issues,
    i did though try to cut out all the sugar out of my diet, it seems to work a bit
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    *cringe*

I know it's not popular...... at least not with the "I want it fast and I don't want to work for it" crowd...... but if you're eating 500-800 calories a day and taking these kinds of shots, have you really done your homework? Can you maintain once you stop spending hundreds of dollars, and no longer even know what "eating healthy" is?

This stuff scares me.....
  • WeightingForSara
    Options
    *cringe*

I know it's not popular...... at least not with the "I want it fast and I don't want to work for it" crowd...... but if you're eating 500-800 calories a day and taking these kinds of shots, have you really done your homework? Can you maintain once you stop spending hundreds of dollars, and no longer even know what "eating healthy" is?

I hope this wasn't directed at ME, considering I eat 1200 cals a day and work my *kitten* off for every pound that I have lost. I'm not looking into some kind of fad diet like that DrB diet thing.. I just wanted some information on the Lipo B12 shot that my physicians office is currently doing.
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    *cringe*

I hope this wasn't directed at ME, considering I eat 1200 cals a day and work my *kitten* off for every pound that I have lost. I'm not looking into some kind of fad diet like that DrB diet thing.. I just wanted some information on the Lipo B12 shot that my physicians office is currently doing.

In that case, it's NOT directed at you..... I've heard and seen soooo many people who are doing the 500-800 calorie thing with these shots and truly believe staying in ketosis is "healthy" that I guess I'm a bit touchy about the whole subject. :laugh: Quite frankly, I hadn't heard of anyone eating the minimum 1200 cals while on these shot regimens - I'm glad to have been "educated" differently, and glad to know you're doing things the healthy way. Good luck to you :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Sara2525
    Sara2525 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I started out my weight loss journey with these shots. I did lose weight quickly but I changed what I ate and exercised more so i really don't know if they worked. I did lose a lot around my stomach so that may be why but I can't prove it either way. I still ate all of my calories but I do watch my carbs. The shots were expensive and I don't think I would do it again.
  • sarahmckinley
    sarahmckinley Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about the lipo-b12 shots (I'll def look into it...) but a couple of other things that some people are asking about/commented about that I'd throw in my nursing two cents on:
    ketosis isn't healthy or productive, ever...it happens when your body breaks down the glycogen in your muscles...this is why people lose weight-- but then your body goes into starvation mode (I'm sure most of you know that already, just reiterating) and starts conserving every calorie you do eat because it's wasting away....this is why the weightloss is short lived.
    b vitamins are water soluable so essentially if you get too much you will just pee it out...literally "pissing away money," so to speak. The only thing that overloading on Bs will hurt is your wallet, unless your kidneys are already messed up...

again, probably nothing earth shattering, but I thought that I would jump in here :)
  • barbarahsmith58
    Options
    I started diet with phen and B12 this week. First I did 3 day detox. High protein water veg and 2oranges a day. I lost 5 pounds. Then I get injection and phen up to 9 pound in less than a week. I know this will taper off but Wow! I am curious how much I can expect to keep losing dr said I should be able to loose a pound a day. I hope so. At least for first 20 lbs. I would like to loss 40 lbs in about 3 months
  • barbarahsmith58
    Options
    W
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Well, I am going to be unpopular in the school of B12 shots. Great if the give you energy, but there is no magic in them as far as weight loss goes. In fact, I would be leary of anything that makes a promise of weight loss or boosting metabolism

Really, eat less than you burn and you will lose weight, no weight loss shots needed.
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Is there a published medical study on how/ if this works? A lot of people try to prey on those who are looking for the easy out. You can't even trust these local places. Look at all the fake weight-loss crap they stock on their shelves. To them all it is, is $$$.
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Don't work
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    OP I live in Jacksonville also... Do you work at this office?