OBSESSED! HELP!

Options
So I think I finally figured out what holds me back from making serious strides in my weight loss goals; I've been consistently losing and gaining the same 12 lbs since my daughter was born, and I think I may have figured out why.

Last night I tossed and turned for hours, even getting up and weighing myself in the middle of the night at 3 am just to see if I lost anything from the last day. I've been exercising good, eating under my cals, cutting out bad foods, low carbs, drinking all water and now this is all I can think about. I even woke up way early this morning (after a night of no sleep tossing and turning obsessing about what the scale is going to say in the morning) and laid in bed for AN HOUR AND A HALF just thinking about what the scale is going to say, freaking out over 4th of July barbecues and if I'm going to screw up today. I get on the scale at least 15 times a day to see if what I weighed yesterday at that time, will match up.

Part of me thinks this is a good thing because I'm so hard on myself I wont screw up and eat things I'm not supposed to and let up on exercising; the other part of me knows this is borderline crazy.

The last time I obsessed this much I burnt out, did a 180 and gained all the weight back. Any tips on how to relax and not stress so much?

Replies

• mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Throw away your scales - Take pictures and measurements. There a far better way of measuring your progress.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    OP: How is it going? Any better?? I have found that I am also very compulsive...to a fault. I am currently reading a book titled, Women, food, and God by Genine Roth. It is really helping.

Hope you find your answer!

D
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Oh no!!!!

Throw them away.......trust me ......you will drive yourself mad from the number, stop it now before your on it 20/30times a day

Get yourself a break......just move a bit more, relax, enjoy life, eat healthy nutritious foods : )