Same Old Story Just a Different Day

Options
Hi
I've been religiously logging all food and exercise. According to MFP, I have a calorie deficit of 700 calories and should be losing 1.5 lbs a week. Some weeks, I'm down a little, some weeks up a little. I've gotten very discouraged, overall. I don't always eatback all my exercise calories. I've been underestimating my exercise calories, being afraid that I'm overcalculating.
I'm type 1 diabetic, with hypothyroidism. I try to comprehend the idea of eating more to lose, but can't seem to wrap my head around the concept for long, for fear of gaining it all back.
I know this is the same ole, same ole for all of you. But, I'd love some feedback. Thank you in advance

Replies

• fizzfizz
    fizzfizz Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hey, morning!

I'm gonna experiment this week anyway so you don't have to :D

Don't have your health issues (that's tough) but can't do cardio and my scales are frozen. Just increased my cals a little bit and decreased my expectation of weight loss to half a pound a week using the pre-set calculations so will let you know if gaining is inevitable ... Zig-zagging weekly calorie intake was useless for me!
  • christina_1011
    christina_1011 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    hi ...i try not to eat back my exercise calories ...i too up and down and it is discouraging ....i am a scale *kitten* and am on my scale 3-4 times a day which is my new habit that i am tryin to break ....ive just started back to MFP and always start off super motivated and then it slowly slips away from me ...could use as much support and motivation as possible ....good luck to u on ur journey :)
  • Corinne_Howland
    Corinne_Howland Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thanks fizz fizz. You're a brave soul to be experimenting. I'm so afraid of losing the experiment!. We all grew up with the concept that if you don't eat, you'll lose weight. And the reason we're all overweight is because we ate too much. I do feel more in control by logging everything I eat and do.
    Because my baseline cals are 1200, if I don't eat back at least some of the calories, I'm way under. That's why I try to undercalculate my exercise calories, but do eat some of them back.
    I guess there's no easy answer. UGH!!!
  • fizzfizz
    fizzfizz Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    hang in there! ... oh and I eat back EVERYTHING :)