HELP..don't feel like I am losing weight

Options
2 weeks in and I am not seeing any results.. I think I am eating the right things.. I probably could exercise more but I have been exercising more than before I started.

Any tips are more than welcome.....

My diary is also open..

Thanks guys.

Replies

• OtakuMusician
    OtakuMusician Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Four weeks average is when you start seeing results. Just be patient, and you'll start plopping weight off in no time.
  • RealKatieHislop
    RealKatieHislop Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Oh right.. Does anyone know why that is? Thank you for your response.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough calories. Your goal is 1200 but on most days you're at like 1139, etc. You're not doing your body any favors by going under 1200. Bump up the calories by like 100 (eat a cheese stick or something) and you'll probably see some changes.
  • JamieRawrasaur
    Options
    its an amazing thing being told to eat more calories lol. sometimes it makes it easier knowing you need to eat a few more every day haha
  • johnfernando
    johnfernando Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    1. Avoid eating late at night
    2. If you are exercising - you may be building up some muscle which would add weight - which is not a bad thing. Measure your waist as well as your weight although this will take several weeks to make a difference.
    3. you say you think you are eating the right things - which sounds a bit vague. It may help to read up on what you should be eating and avoiding. The general wisdom is to avoid crash diets and make some gradual but permanent changes to your lifestyle.

FYI - I found some elements of the Dr Oz website useful (the doctor featured on Oprah Winfrey). Not so much the segments which seem to promote a guest's book.
  • cebiginalaska
    cebiginalaska Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    EAT MORE CALORIES your body will thank you and start letting go of the weight / fat
    Proof: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/904791-ipoarm-success-thread-yay

Calculate your TDEE
    Find out what you should be eating here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13
  • lfrancisibstock
    lfrancisibstock Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What do you mean? Doesn't your diary say you have lost five pounds. that is enough in two weeks. it is healthier to do it slowly
  • RealKatieHislop
    RealKatieHislop Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input everyone.. Bizarre that eating more calories can help lose weight.. I will try that for a week.

Yes it's says 5 but that was within like 5 days.. I felt it was a fluke.

I just want results. Sick of being the fat girl.

????
  • cebiginalaska
    cebiginalaska Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You won't see results from eating more in one week. If you have been under eating for a long time your body will likely gain water weight and the scale might go up before it starts going down again. After you calculate your TDEE and pick a deficient (10-15% might be best) stick with it for 3 to 4 weeks and see how it works for you. But you have to estimate your activity level accurately :drinker:
  • cdn_girl
    cdn_girl Posts: 12
    Options
    I didn't lose the first 3 weeks, my weight actually started going up and down so I felt like I was gaining weight!! but my trainer told me to hang in there. He said, it happens to most people and that i'd eventually start losing... I continued doing the work and I'm finally starting to see the progress. Also, make sure you're doing your cardio, drinking lots of water and stay away from sodium. Goodluck!!