Addicted to Whoppers very badly, any suggestions?

2»

Replies

• cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    do you mean the burger or the malted milk balls? either way, i'd suggest that if you are truly addicted to them, stop buying them! you have to be accountable for your actions, and the easiest way to avoid consuming garbage fillers you shouldn't be eating is by not buying it in the first place.

instead, take the money you were tempted to spend on junk food and stick it in a jar, save up for something nice. you were going to spend the money on garbage anyways, so it's not like setting it aside for a REWARD would put you in a financial bind that stuffing your face with crap wouldn't have :wink:

I completely agree. If you don't buy them, you can't eat them. Easiet fix ever! I crave doughnuts or ice cream constantly, but because I don't buy it, guess what? I don't eat it!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    do you mean the burger or the malted milk balls? either way, i'd suggest that if you are truly addicted to them, stop buying them! you have to be accountable for your actions, and the easiest way to avoid consuming garbage fillers you shouldn't be eating is by not buying it in the first place.

instead, take the money you were tempted to spend on junk food and stick it in a jar, save up for something nice. you were going to spend the money on garbage anyways, so it's not like setting it aside for a REWARD would put you in a financial bind that stuffing your face with crap wouldn't have :wink:

I completely agree. If you don't buy them, you can't eat them. Easiet fix ever! I crave doughnuts or ice cream constantly, but because I don't buy it, guess what? I don't eat it!
    Plus by not buying and not eating them I'll bet you'll notice the craving drop in strength in time as well Cynthia, good for YOU Girl!! :drinker: :wink:

Becca:flowerforyou:
  • I meant the candy Whoppers, sorry for the confusion and thank a lot for all the feedback! :flowerforyou:
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    How badly do you want to succeed at getting the weight off and getting healthy? Is it really worth the money and calories? You have to decide that you want the "new" you more than a Whopper...candy or burger!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    I say go cold turkey for a set amount of time. Say... 1 week? 2 weeks? Challenge yourself. See how long you can go. At the end of that time you'll probably be over the craving. After that, have them once in a while as a treat, maybe. Just a suggestion. :happy:
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    I truly believe that junk food is addictive. I don't know if it is the fat, the high fructose corn syrup, the carbs or the combination. If I eat clean (lean protein and good carbs &/or whole wheat) I don't feel as out of control and I have no problem eating clean. If I do give in to certain temptations then I'm out of control. I think you should go cold turkey and the cravings will end.
  • Motleybird
    Motleybird Posts: 119 Member
    I'm going to assume we're talking about BK for a moment.

First, go to the website and look up the calorie info. This might help you improve your decisions on what to buy when you're there. If you add a bunch of stuff, you should know that those things add up! Adding veggies is good though. Second, I've found that when it comes to burgers, it's better to order the one you really want, then cut it in half. If you want the burger, skip the fries and vice versa. Third, avoid temptation by not visiting as often. Even with cutting it in half, it's still a 'treat' since it's still loaded with fat and salt even if it fits in your calorie count.

(I used to do this with Carl's Jr. but I don't really feel the need to go there very much any more.)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    I truly believe that junk food is addictive. I don't know if it is the fat, the high fructose corn syrup, the carbs or the combination. If I eat clean (lean protein and good carbs &/or whole wheat) I don't feel as out of control and I have no problem eating clean. If I do give in to certain temptations then I'm out of control. I think you should go cold turkey and the cravings will end.
    I agree on the cold turkey for myself, seems to be the ONLY way it's worked for me. By the time the cravings are gone, I'm beyond wanting whatever it was, that feeling of "I'm gonna die if I can't have it" just doesn't seem so strong after a few weeks, months (depending on what it is. lol)
  • shelleyrose
    shelleyrose Posts: 12 Member
    Oh, if it is the candy you crave, I would figure out how many calories one is worth and really enjoy it!
This discussion has been closed.