Do you have unusual goals?

Options

Replies

• Evilmuffin666
    Evilmuffin666 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    First Goal is to weigh less than my dog!!!!!! Kinda unusual I guess.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    To get rid of the knee pain.
    Be able to do a cin up
    Thighs 55cm
    Waist 70 cm
    Look fantastic in a bikini by xmas
    Run 5km in 30 mins
    Be able to do a human flagpole
  • GamerGirly
    GamerGirly Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    To have my husband pick me up is something I am aiming for. And to feel comfortable.. Ahem, on top during sex.

Totally agree...
    Feeling apprehensive during sex.. especially when on top..
    Serious lack of confidence.. (Most likely a huge turn off for the hubby) :(
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I like to set goals that are daily. I like to see if I can do certain goals daily. How many meals I can eat, or how long I can worout. My favorite thing to do is buy an outfit and try to fit into it at a certain time.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    A lot of my goals were similar to yours. On my list are/were...

Stef's Top Ten Reasons for Losing Weight

10. To look in a mirror without being sad. I look and smile again!
    9. Tying my shoes without being winded. It's nice to not ask hubby or son to help me.
    8. Give myself a pedicure...comfortably. Do it weekly now!
    7. Cross my legs at my actual knees, not an ankle across a knee...comfortably.
    6. To regain my self esteem...It's returning more and more each day!
    5. To like and eventually love myself again...I'm pretty fond of me now!
    4. To have no more back pain...It's mostly gone now, unless I really overdo it.
    3. To wear sleeveless tops without feeling self conscious! Finally started, recently.
    2. To regain my personality, it had changed so much due to self esteem issues...I'm Back!
    And the number 1 reason...To Look Good NAKED!

Only one of my goals involved a number and that was basically to lose 112 pounds. I am so close now that I even wonder if I really need to lose the last 7. But, I will!

I gave myself a ton of motivation to reach my goal. At size 22, I started creating a wardrobe in size 6.I just knew that I would make it if I believed in myself and worked for it. I have sewed 49 new outfits since last May. I can wear them all now. It helped me so much! :love:
  • Mythril
    Mythril Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    To beat my friend at arm wrestling.
    And then pick him up with one hand and triumphantly throw him across the room.

That is an admirable goal. Please when you accomplish this record yourself doing it and put it on the internet for my viewing pleasure.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    To go 2,3 rounds in bed.
  • Mythril
    Options
    A lot of my goals were similar to yours. On my list are/were...

Stef's Top Ten Reasons for Losing Weight

10. To look in a mirror without being sad. I look and smile again!
    9. Tying my shoes without being winded. It's nice to not ask hubby or son to help me.
    8. Give myself a pedicure...comfortably. Do it weekly now!
    7. Cross my legs at my actual knees, not an ankle across a knee...comfortably.
    6. To regain my self esteem...It's returning more and more each day!
    5. To like and eventually love myself again...I'm pretty fond of me now!
    4. To have no more back pain...It's mostly gone now, unless I really overdo it.
    3. To wear sleeveless tops without feeling self conscious! Finally started, recently.
    2. To regain my personality, it had changed so much due to self esteem issues...I'm Back!
    And the number 1 reason...To Look Good NAKED!

Only one of my goals involved a number and that was basically to lose 112 pounds. I am so close now that I even wonder if I really need to lose the last 7. But, I will!

I gave myself a ton of motivation to reach my goal. At size 22, I started creating a wardrobe in size 6.I just knew that I would make it if I believed in myself and worked for it. I have sewed 49 new outfits since last May. I can wear them all now. It helped me so much! :love:

A lot of your goals are things that I want but didn't think of. Like getting my old personality back. I was never skinny. In high school I was around 260lbs. But I was friendly and outgoing, people liked me, I thought of other people first and all that. Now I'm grouchy, bitter and I don't want to be seen anywhere. So yeah, I want to have that old person back again! And looking in the mirror and not crying is another one. That goes hand in hand with looking good naked. Because I can't look at myself in the mirror before I jump into the shower or I cry.
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    I had the same goals when I started out at 351#s. I've accomplished everything you have listed and so much more. You can do it!!!! :bigsmile:
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    To get rid of cellulite, is that even possible???? I have tried it all!!
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    To not see fat rolls from my bra.

That's me! I hate my rolls and can't wait to get rid of them.
    Also:
    1. To do 10 pull-up with no assistance
    2. To leg press 500
    3. To run a mile in under 15 minutes.
    4. To wear a 2-piece bikini/backless dress confidently
  • rachellouisehamilton
    Options
    My goals aren't really that unusual either, but I'll share them anyway:
    -be able to fit into clothes that people in my age group wear (instead of shopping in the women's department)
    -be comfortable with myself
    -not have to worry about sitting arrangements (theatre, backseats of cars, etc.)
    -stop feeling like everyone is judging me based on my weight.
  • sensored44
    sensored44 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Unusual goals... maybe.

1: to be kind to myself
    2: to love the person I see in the mirror
    3:knees to no longer ache
    4: to be able to run 5 k without stopping
    5: to love an exercise that I want to do every day.
    6: To look in the mirror and SEE a positive thing every day (DONE)
    7 do 10 full push ups.
    8: oh and totally vain... but to be able to shop in a "Skinny" store.. you know the ones I am talking about lol...
  • terralala
    terralala Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Most of mine aren't numbers related, I find that I get to discouraged when I focus on numbers. I don't even have a scale anymore because it just stressed me out.

-Be able to wear a bikini- I keep my computer desktop pictures of ones that I like to try and motivate me
    -Be comfortable enough in my body to get the side tattoo that I want.
    -Be able to comfortably wear heals again
    -Be able to run a 5k - I currently do an 8k walk but I could never run more than .5k
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    OP...good job. I actually think those types of goals end up being much more beneficial than some arbitrary number. Often the reason people fail is that they obsess about a number...rather than obsessing about achieving health goals, fitness goals, and being able to do certain things goals. One thing that's helped me immensely is focusing in specifically on nutrition goals and fitness goals....my weight loss is just an awesome bi-product of achieving my nutrition and fitness goals. I've never had a goal of being XX Lbs...it's dumb, especially when you consider that most people look better at somewhat of a higher weight than they're shooting for with some muscle...instead, people obsess about that arbitrary number and lose a lot of muscle in the process of their dieting.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Be able to crush man's skull like robins egg between thighs.

I'm totally serious. I wanna be strong
  • awise19
    awise19 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I guess my nonweight/nonexercise goal is to look like I could be on the cover of King Magazine...
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I have a mix of scale and non-scale goals. My scale one isn't very set in stone, once I hit the onderland milestone. Or a bit lower the scale can be mostly retired:

Row a 10k in 60 minutes
    walk a 5k in 45 minutes
    Hit onderland
    Do 10 full pushups
    Plank for 3 minutes
    walk 5mph for 30 min
    Row 5k at 2:30/500m
    Row 1k in 4 minutes
    Do a pull up
    Run 5k
    Deadlift my body weight for 5-8 reps
    Hit "goal" weight of 165ish or goal measurements are apx: 38-27-39 (my goal weight is solidly in the overweight BMI, but is basically where I was around age 14 or so.)
    Hit 22-24% body fat
    Do 100 full pushups
    Get a retro bikini (this is a little bit harder than the other goals. They don't seem to have one in my size. Bra size that is. I need a bra sized bikini. And all of the ones I have seen are dress sized. Maybe by the time I reach near goal, someone will come out with one. :) )

I guess that is about it.
  • Mythril
    Options
    My goals aren't really that unusual either, but I'll share them anyway:
    -be able to fit into clothes that people in my age group wear (instead of shopping in the women's department)
    -be comfortable with myself
    -not have to worry about sitting arrangements (theatre, backseats of cars, etc.)
    -stop feeling like everyone is judging me based on my weight.

I hear you! About the seating arrangements. I'd like to be able to ride roller coasters, too. I'd also like to walk into the non-plus sized section and wear something trendy for a change.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    - not binging daily, or feeling the urge or "need" daily

- to be able to shop for clothes in any store, not just plus size stores

- to complete c25k program

- secretly, to run a marathon, even if I'm 80 when I do :-)