HELP I'm stuck

Options
Trying so hard to lose weight I've joined a gym been going for a month, eating right more fruits & veggies, drink plenty of water as well. My problem is I've hit a plateau I've lost 20 lbs. & came to a halt. I don't know what I'm doing wrong it's frustrating I've got 80 more lbs. to go but I'm doing it in bits so I won't overwhelm myself but I think it's too late for that because I'm there. I looking for some advice so if there's anyone than can help that be so wonderful & appreciated.

Replies

• queenzomby
    Options
    One of my friends is a health/fitness coach and she says when you hit one where you cant lose anymore, rest for 2-3 days and then start again. It will make your body say "what the heck!?" and you will start losing again :)
  • jeanineolson
    jeanineolson Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Stick with it and don't get discouraged. Is there some one at your gym you could talk to? I got my doctor to refer me to a dietitian just so that I could get some questions answered. I know with me it took a lot of years to get to this weight, It will take a while to come off. You can do it
  • dianefisher47
    dianefisher47 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    remember this is a life journey so stick with it and things will all come together. Just remember how long it took you to get that big it can't come off in a few weeks...keep on going your on the right track :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • 08kat
    08kat Posts: 51
    Options
    I know exactly where you're coming from. Have you tried mixing up your workouts. I recently tried a Body Pump class and even though it kicked my butt, I'm hooked. After 4 classes I feel a difference. Since I only weigh once every 2 weeks ,we'll see, but my clothes seem looser. Regardless what you try, try to vary your routine. :flowerforyou:
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Open your diary so we can see what you're eating and possibly make a few suggestions.

The most common suggestion is going to be to buy a food scale and measure everything you put in your mouth. You're probably eating more than you think.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Open your diary so we can see what you're eating and possibly make a few suggestions.

The most common suggestion is going to be to buy a food scale and measure everything you put in your mouth. You're probably eating more than you think.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

and possibly overestimating how many calories are burned through exercise.
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Change it up. Regarding exercise, remember this: F.I.T.
    F: Frequency - if you're exercising 4 times a week, kick it up to 5 or 6!
    I: Intensity - Kick up the INTENSITY of your work out, walk faster, swim harder, do more reps
    T: Time - If your workouts are currently 30 mins, make them 45!

This helps get away from that 'muscle memory'... change it up!!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I ate more for couple of days, eating something different and shake it up a bit. It worked for me. I remember I ate a sausage buiscuit one day and lunch had some kind of beef wrap at mcdonalds, weight went up and then went back down. I was scared to do it but it worked and I kept losing. I have heard others saying upping their calories for a few days worked.
  • AlmaYruegas
    AlmaYruegas Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I got with a fitness trainer she gave me a routine to do so I hope this will change for me...thanks
  • AlmaYruegas
    Options
    Thank you that's objective this week I think this might help
  • AlmaYruegas
    Options
    how do I open up my diary?