Need supportive friends who get it

Options
wkrukow
wkrukow Posts: 26 Member
I am starting again. Last summer was my first attempt. I had success but I fell off the wagon and lost my way. Gained back the weight plus a few. Feeling scared to fail again and I think it's keeping me from trying. I have decided to try again but am in need of supportive friends that I can be honest with. People that I don't have to feel judged by if I have a bad day. I so desperately need to do this. If you understand or feel like you've been at this low point and have made it thru, please feel free to give advice. I need to lose 150 lbs and I need support. I need to find the strength to do this, but am scared I don't have it. I would like to have some friends on here to help me find my strength again....I'm hoping it's still there. I know I sound horribly needy but I have just realized I can't do this alone and am too embarrassed to discuss with the people around me. If you would be willing to give advice or don't mind a new friend it would be greatly appreciated :-)

Replies

• wkrukow
    Options
    ANY ADVICE????
  • CrunchyFry
    Options
    I'll help and give any advice I can.:happy:
  • wkrukow
    Options
    Thank you! I'm usually such a happy go lucky person....this is just so important to me...just good to know I'm not alone in this! Thanks :-)
  • octobernightfall
    octobernightfall Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi! Hang in there! Its a tough and long journey, but you can do it! Feel free to add me, we can motivate each other! :D
  • hickorycutie
    hickorycutie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Im here for you girlie!!!! I fell off the wagon my self and now starting over again... add me as a friend if u want to... ill be here for you.. I have 80 lbs to lose my self sooo we are ALL in the same boat... take care and i hope ure having a great weekend!!! happy counting!!!
  • andersonh2007
    andersonh2007 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    One hour, one day at a time...and celebrate the small stuff.;). Feel free to add me. We can do ths!
  • Gigsluvscw
    Gigsluvscw Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi! Don't get discouraged if you don't get many responses right now. Remember, it's the weekend, so hopefully everyone out there is moving around and staying busy. :-) Also, don't be afraid to "Friend Request" those you are drawn to as you search and read around the forums and posts. Also, don't forget about the "Groups" to chose from (and possible "friends" on there). You'll do great!
  • mitzvahmom78
    mitzvahmom78 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. I am also new to MFP, but this is my umpteenth attempt at weight loss. I have actually lost track of the number of pounds I've lost and regained over the years, but this time I have to lose it all and keep it off. I have developed all kinds of problems with my back and joints, and I am afraid I will end up in a wheelchair if I don't take the weight off. My life depends on it. I, too, am looking for all the supportive friends I can find!
  • sensored44
    sensored44 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I sent you an invite lady!

I know what you are talking about and can definitely commiserate....

We will all get there.
  • wkrukow
    Options
    Thank u to all....I think this is what I needed. I will be here for you all too! I'm feeling encouraged and a little excited to get started...wow that's a change! :wink:
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    This time last year I had the same goal as you. Just baby steps, don't rush it or do anything drastic.
  • lsuz
    lsuz Posts: 74
    Options
    You bet! Add me as a friend! I'm just getting into the groove here as a newbie at MFP after twenty years ago losing 100 lbs successfully --- and then --- 20 more years of the same bad habits. Let's do this together! And guess what? You DO have it in you!
  • wkrukow
    Options
    I would be happy to help:-) I really think having support from people who know the struggle will help. Feel free to lean on me or send me a message if you need someone to listen.....We can do this<3
  • padisneyfour
    padisneyfour Posts: 220
    Options
    everyone starts somewhere... I have only been here since March but I keep plugging away> I log in everyday. Feel free to add me! One step at a time! You have already taken the hardest step....:)
  • Awake_Alive
    Awake_Alive Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I understand completely. Sometimes you need someone there to understand first...THEN kick you in the butt. Feel free to add me!!!
  • wkrukow
    Options
    Thanks!
  • wkrukow
    Options
    I understand completely. Sometimes you need someone there to understand first...THEN kick you in the butt. Feel free to add me!!!
    Luv this....so true!
  • hickorycutie
    hickorycutie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    We all are one big fitness family... motivating each other with every day struggles that life throws at us... I can feel the love people!!!!
  • maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I do know what it's like to feel very overwhelmed at the task, but you can do it. It just takes breaking it down into small steps. I started out with over 100 to lose. I've lost 25 so far. It gets easier after you start seeing changes.
  • leed12345
    leed12345 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I would love to be your My Fitness Pal. I just started this journey too and need to lose 150 myself. It is hard as all my friends are thin and those that want to lose weight need to lose maybe 20 pounds. It's hard to explain food addiction and emotional eating to people who don't get it. I would love to be there for you if you would like to add me. I could use a friend here too. :smile: