How do you weigh yourself?

Options
I had this question about weighing yourself. I usually weigh myself with clothes on. I'm at 212 now. this morning without thinking I weighed myself with just my under wear on. It said 205!!!!!!! That seems to be a BIG DIFFERENCE!!! So I was wondering..... how do you weigh yourself?

Replies

• dconnolly818
    dconnolly818 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Right before I get in the shower in the morning before I've had anything to eat or drink and naked as the day I was born.The lower the number, the better it makes me feel, so yeah.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Right before I get in the shower in the morning before I've had anything to eat or drink and naked as the day I was born.The lower the number, the better it makes me feel, so yeah.

^^^this, after I've gone tinkle.
  • l_clc
    l_clc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    In the nude!!!!....first thing in the morning before breakfast
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I weigh at the gym every monday. I stick to the same scale there (they have 6 of em) and the same time. I did notice my sneakers alone were a 2 pound difference. Thems some heavyass sneakers.
  • AnnieMarieL
    AnnieMarieL Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Right before I go out to run, after going to the bathroom and in just my underwear. Clothes may not weigh much but, then again they weigh something. Also like to weigh myself after a workout even though I know the weight loss is water and needs to be replaced.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Well I use the scale located at the front of my gym and I think stripping down naked would be considered poor decorum.

Or it might make someone's day! For me naked at 4:30 when I get home from work and get changed. No time in the morning for that kind of stuff and I only randomly weigh because doing is daily is a quick trip to obsessing over little fluctuations.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Each morning I wake up, pull the scale out from the wall to the level part of the floor and click it on to calibrate itself to the move. While that's doing that, I use the restroom. Then I strip to just my underwear, click the scale back on and weigh. Then log the weight in my excel spreadsheet when I get in front a computer.

It's typically around 7:30ish on weekdays, 6:30ish on Saturdays and anywhere between 7:30-9:30 on Sundays, depending on if I'm doing a long run on the trail or if I slept in and am stuck on a treadmill instead.

Out of sheer curiosity from this thread (and me finding mindless ways to delay going to the gym this morning) I just weighed an average outfit I wear day to day, it was 5.2 pounds.
  • shawnatheobald
    Options
    I only weigh on the first of the month, and I do it as soon as I get up in the morning on that day, just in whatever I went to bed in.
  • dconnolly818
    dconnolly818 Posts: 43 Member
    Options

^^^this, after I've gone tinkle.

Oh, me too, I just didn't know how into detail everyone wanted me to go ;)
  • ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Every Tuesday in my swimsuit at the Y.
  • PunkinSpice79
    PunkinSpice79 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    In the morning, no clothes, after bathroom. Clothes weigh more than you think, so does long hair.
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Once a month at the doctors office in same shorts and sandels!! LOl of course a tank top!! :bigsmile:
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    In the morning after I've gone you-know-what, and completely naked. I don't need to weigh my clothes. I don't need to weigh my shoes. I just want to know what *I* weigh, all by myself.

I have a friend who had been weighing herself after she got out of the shower. Towel still wrapped around her. I told her she was weighing the towel, and the water in that towel, and the water in her long hair. No! Don't do that! It's silly.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I wear clothes but remove shoes and purse. I should say I'd love to be like all these liberated hippies who weigh naked but I'm afraid the scale is gonna judge me.
  • Reevsie123
    Reevsie123 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday once I have completed my 10k run - yes I know it's proberbly a bit out due to sweat but I guess as long as you do it every week it still shows any weight change