Zimmerman found not guilty

Options

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    my views are as follows:

America: you want to marry the same sex?? LOL no.
    America: you want to have control of your body and do what you think is best??? HAHAHAAHAHAH no.
    America: you want to racially profile a teenage boy and then kill him?? okay cool!

:huh:
  • liftingheavy1
    Options
    i was hoping for a conviction...

but if zimmerman didnt do anything legally wrong he sure did something morally wrong.

that idiot killed a teen because he was losing a fight.

at least Zimmerman's life will suck and he'll always have to look over his shoulder.

if he was beating a cop like that the cop would have shot him as well, so the citizen has every right to defend him self crazy stuff happens in fights and you could end up dead you never know better to be judged by 12 then carried by 6
  • hardyjessicag
    hardyjessicag Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I actually live in Sanford. Was a bit annoying to have to drive by the court house to get to the flea market; news vans and spectators were lined up on the street.
  • salt160
    salt160 Posts: 44
    Options
    This was a trial of an individual that the media decided to turn into a public spectacle. Sensationalize trails are becoming all too common and are an embarrassment to our the legal system. Cameras have no business in a court room. The only opinions that truly matter regarding the verdict are the members of the jury. It's over. That is all.

Well said. None of us truly know all the evidence that was brought to bear. None of us really know what happened that night. The jury is as close as it gets, and we should all honor that.

How many innocent people have been convicted due to emotion? Is this a case where emotions would rule the day if it was based on what the media fed us?
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    my views are as follows:

America: you want to marry the same sex?? LOL no.
    America: you want to have control of your body and do what you think is best??? HAHAHAAHAHAH no.
    America: you want to racially profile a teenage boy and then kill him?? okay cool!

That about sums it up. Florida and Texas are places I would never move to, even if they were the only states left during a zombie apocalypse. I would rather fight off the zombies than move to those cesspools.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

but if zimmerman didnt do anything legally wrong he sure did something morally wrong.

at least Zimmerman's life will suck and he'll always have to look over his shoulder.

if he was beating a cop like that the cop would have shot him as well, so the citizen has every right to defend him self crazy stuff happens in fights and you could end up dead you never know better to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

either way its morally wrong. zimmerman is a sad pathetic man who decided to kill someone over a fight.

im pretty pro gun but if what he did is legal i am giong to have to rethink that. if he didnt have a gun Martin would be alive.
  • Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    GxAl0xF.gif
  • hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    The Charles Podany Case was in Florida.
    "Not-Guilty" verdict and no one cared
    So when it's white on white, it's no big deal....

But when certain people need headlines to sell ad-space
    They create controversy and stir the pot with half-truths
    It is a shame.

The Jury received that facts.
    The Jury heard the testimony.
    The Jury heard the recordings.
    The Jury found the verdict that was the logical conclusion.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options

either way its morally wrong. zimmerman is a sad pathetic man who decided to kill someone over a fight.

im pretty pro gun but if what he did is legal i am giong to have to rethink that. if he didnt have a gun Martin would be alive.

But I wonder if Zimmerman would be alive.

Not playing devil's advocate, just considering the possibilities.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options

If Zimmerman didn't have a gun, then chances are Zimmerman would have been dead... sadly, there would not have been a happy ending regardless.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

If Zimmerman didn't have a gun, then chances are Zimmerman would have been dead... sadly, there would not have been a happy ending regardless.

lol havent any of you ever been in a fight? most fights dont end in death. so to say chances are zimmerman would be dead is pretty silly
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Derp threshold achieved.

*bounces*
  • icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I can't say I have an opinion on the trial, other than justice did what it was supposed to, and found him not guilty based no not having enough evidence to overturn his plea of self-defense. The only opinion that matters is the opinion in which he was found not guilty, by a jury of his peers, that were able to look at the facts, not at the opinions of others, and make a decision, that I doubt came lightly.

Today, there was a man convicted of murder in my area, 1st degree murder. No reasonable doubt whatsoever. Jury deliberated for all of an hour. It's not on the news...why? Don't know. But both people lost lives in that case...the one who died, and the one whom was convicted.

Right or wrong, State of Florida vs. George Zimmerman was not about race, as many are making it out to be, it was about an altercation that shouldn't have happened in the first place. These things happen ever day, every where. The color of the attacker/victim does not make a difference. Everyone has white bones, red blood and gray brain matter. Period.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

But I wonder if Zimmerman would be alive.

Not playing devil's advocate, just considering the possibilities.

Unless the kid was planning on killing him with a pack of Skittles (the only thing found on his body), I rather think the body count would have been zero.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    furthermore...zimmerman is such a wimp he probably never would have got out of his car if he didnt have a gun.
  • ChaosMoosie
    ChaosMoosie Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    The prosecution did not seem to have much of a case. And the lady that was put on the stand - the one talking to Martin on the cell phone --- honestly, she did more DAMAGE to the case than anything that Zimmerman could have said. From the point where she could not read her own statement, to where the testimony kept morphing into something else repeatedly... that made this whole thing a parody.

Then there was the former Police Chief whose investigation got siderailed by a different law enforcement group - he never said what he believed happened that I'm aware of, but he was pretty unhappy about having his investigation into the matter hijacked before he could complete it.

As several have said, under the law of our nation, we go into any trial presumed innocent and our guilt must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. That did not occur. The prosecution failed to prove Zimmerman's guilt to a reasonable degree, thus the verdict. So the verdict was the only one they could return. There was no option, and the verdict would have been the same regardless of the charge brought, in my humble opinion. Why? Because there wasn't a level of proof that was capable of sustaining a guilty verdict.

I believe that the legal system did work. Who among any here would want - were they in a similar situation - to be convicted - declared guilty - on the basis of emotion rather than proof? Would any sentient being wish that for themselves? No. Therefore, by the same token, no one can wish for someone else to be convicted of any crime based on the emotions of others. That would be a grave miscarriage of justice.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options

lol havent any of you ever been in a fight? most fights dont end in death. so to say chances are zimmerman would be dead is pretty silly

Of course I've been in a fight. However, most fights don't end with one person getting whacked against concrete.
  • liftingheavy1
    Options

you must not be from the hood LOL
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Discuss

03a3565eed0981fce78a78d438f59b432ed1c0e.gif

Ha!
  • britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    Options
    Eh, people will be flipping for a couple days til they find something else to ***** about.
This discussion has been closed.