Zimmerman found not guilty

Options

Replies

• GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    furthermore...zimmerman is such a wimp he probably never would have got out of his car if he didnt have a gun.

I tend to agree. CCW should be motivation to avoid confrontation, not metal courage strapped to your leg.
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Interesting that everyone is saying no evidence etc to convict rather than evidence showing innocence...

Technically, our legal system is set up "Innocent until proven guilty." One convicts on evidence of guilt - not the other way around
    I totally agree! I am glad the race card didn't hold up in this case.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

you must not be from the hood LOL

I do live in the hood. The neighborhoods with the lower murder rates are also the ones with less guns. I'd like to move there someday.
    Interesting that everyone is saying no evidence etc to convict rather than evidence showing innocence...

Technically, our legal system is set up "Innocent until proven guilty." One convicts on evidence of guilt - not the other way around
    I totally agree! I am glad the race card didn't hold up in this case.

Thank you for agreeing with me, but I feel the racial aspects of this trial were not given justice. I am extremely, extremely upset at this verdict. I do not agree with it. I also know that the law is built the way it is for a reason. I'm of the opinion that human morality failed, not the law.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

lol show me that stats that say the majority of fist fights end in a death....do it! :D
  • hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    ....Florida and Texas are places I would never move to...

Pinky Promise?
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options

lol show me that stats that say the majority of fist fights end in a death....do it! :D

Most fist fights that DO end in death are more freak - or accidental.
  • liftingheavy1
    Options

I don't need a stat just go look at the prisons violent offenders gangs you would have to grow up in a tuff neighbor hood to understand
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

Most fist fights that DO end in death are more freak - or accidental.

that would make sense.

i bet if you only count fights that end in legal action of some kind you still have a lower than 50% chance of a death.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    Options
    If I knew who Zimmerman was, or what you were talking about, I would most definitely have a strong opinion about this.

Definitely.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

I don't need a stat just go look at the prisons violent offenders gangs you would have to grow up in a tuff neighbor hood to understand

lol you are funny.
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Yesh in b4 lock hehurhehrurehe
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    If I knew who Zimmerman was, or what you were talking about, I would most definitely have a strong opinion about this.

Definitely.

its this guy

george_zimmer_guarantee.jpg
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<<< In before the lock.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure most of America isn't surprised.
  • liftingheavy1
    Options

lol you are funny.

LOL yeah not your fault you just did not grow up in that kind of environment to understand
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    ....Florida and Texas are places I would never move to...

Pinky Promise?

Quadruple pinky promise. I'm counting my pinky toes in that one. Why would I move to two places that are humid and hot all the time, and places where my ovaries deem me a second class citizen in one, and a place where justice doesn't exist in another?
  • hungryhobbit1
    hungryhobbit1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options

Well, yeah that's how the system works. The burden of proof is on the prosecution to prove guilt. (I'm disappointed but not shocked.)
  • UnwrappingCandy
    UnwrappingCandy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I never agreed with the 2nd degree murder charge. I felt he should have been charged with manslaughter from the beginning, and I think he would have been found guilty had this been the case. So, not only has the jury failed here, but the prosecution failed even more.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Jury decided, not the public.

I'm just glad it's done so now the media can move onto to another completely sensationalized story to dwell on 24/7 for the next week while ignoring everything else going on in the world.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

LOL yeah not your fault you just did not grow up in that kind of environment to understand

I would cease this "I'm the biggest, badesst, ****er on the block, been-in-the-hood-you-haven't-" attitude. You are not the only one and you are just making people who do live and struggle in those neighborhoods look foolish. Thank you, but we have a hard enough time as it is.
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    my views are as follows:

America: you want to marry the same sex?? LOL no.
    America: you want to have control of your body and do what you think is best??? HAHAHAAHAHAH no.
    America: you want to racially profile a teenage boy and then kill him?? okay cool!

That about sums it up. Florida and Texas are places I would never move to, even if they were the only states left during a zombie apocalypse. I would rather fight off the zombies than move to those cesspools.

I couldn't agree more. South Florida is worse.
This discussion has been closed.