injuries during workouts self-sustained ones

Options
_SASX_
_SASX_ Posts: 255 Member
I'm not talking serious injury, like taking out a knee or pulling a muscle. I'm talking about the punch yourself in the face, drag a dumbbell over your hip kind of injury.

have you ever given yourself a black eye or something like that while working out?

take today: I gave myself a bloody nose while doing a back strengthening exercise (swimming in my living room on the floor) doing some breast stroke and caught the tip of my nose with a fingernail. sliced the inside of the nostril good. blood everywhere. so not a real 'bloody nose' but the blood was coming out of my nose so it counts.

i also have cut my chin while kickboxing...again with a fingernail

and have a bruise on my hip from the corner of a dumbbell

it's kind of the facepalm - duh thing...but it happens!

Replies

• sam45890
    sam45890 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I punched myself in the face during zumba last week....I don't think anyone noticed...
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I don't have to start this topic! I was in body pump the other day and doing the back track, and when I went into a lift the instructor kept reminding everyone to keep the bar close to your body, so naturally I wacked myself in the nose with the bar and tried to keep going with stars in my eyes and a throbbing nose, waiting for the blood to start dripping but luckily it didn't.
  • Brummig
    Brummig Posts: 94
    Options
    I feel like I always have bruises on my hips and legs from kettle bells, or missing step ups, and now my bike.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I got a huge bruise on my wrist for almost dropping a kettlebell and catching it in a bad way. The class instructor lectured me that I should just let it drop if if happens again. :P
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I punched myself in the face during zumba last week....I don't think anyone noticed...
    I nearly gave myself a black eye once, have sold the Zumba game since...
  • magpie_17
    magpie_17 Posts: 124
    Options
    I caught my foot against the grass while walking into the outfield during three-pitch, and in powering through proceeded to kick myself in the other ankle, leaving a very dark bruise.
  • Coquette6
    Coquette6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I was pulling plates off the deadlift barbell and had a moment where my brain checked out and I forgot that once the plate came off, the bar would be subject to gravity if I wasn't holding. Luckily it just kind of slid down my foot, but had an ugly bruise for a few days.
  • l_clc
    l_clc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Years ago, I was doing step-ups and I broke my baby toe
  • _SASX_
    _SASX_ Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    these make me happy that I'm not the only one:happy: