Working out while on period?

Options
Do any of you guys go to the gym when on your period? i find it very hard to push myself and get up to go to the gym on my first two days.

Replies

• MrsSki
    MrsSki Posts: 196
    Options
    I do. It's really hard, but I know if I go and work out, my cramps will feel better. When you work out, your brain releases endorphins, basically a small feel good drug, and it really helps with cramps. If you're tired, instead of doing a hard work out, take it a bit easier on yourself, but still go and get your heart pumping!
  • precioustypeoflove
    Options
    im on my cycle now and i still work out i feel it help my cramps out really good !! i still jog and work out on the wii !! i know u just wanna lay around at this time of the month i know i do but i push myself!!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Of course I do! My "girl-time" does not affect my life whatsoever. I actually have more motivation to workout because I feel bloated and chubby. LOL!
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i continue with my regular exercise. I've noticed exercising helps bring my symptoms down and they don't last as long anymore. Try swimming if you get really bad cramps.
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    No excuses! As my mom says, Every woman since Eve has had to deal with it and it shouldn't get in the way of anything. Plus exercise provides excellent benefits in reducing bloating, cramping, water retention, etc. You may feel like crud going into it but you will feel better once you are done.
  • tcreech76
    Options
    As several other women mentioned, it does help to work out when you are on your period. It helps with cramps, gives a mood boost, and helps with energy levels. I feel the same (tired, not sure I want to work out) when I am on my period, but if I can get my butt moving, I always feel better!
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    i do, because exercise is the only thing that makes the cramps go away. yay for being a girl....
  • shababa2809
    Options
    Thanks for all the great advice. But i never said i dont work out at all on my period.I said the first two days are the hardest for me to get up and go to the gym.
    And i'm also sorry if i stated my question wrong ,i should of put more body and detail. I do go to gym on my period just not all the time.i'm on my cycle now and i fell tired,drozzy,sleepy and moody and i just want to lay in my bed and sleep. like i did simple workout today because one i stayed home. i did squat,abs,and some simple cardio workout in my house.

THANKS =]
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I have terribly heavy, uncomfortable periods when I'm not on some form of BC, so I know exactly how you feel. I would try to do something, though -- even just a walk. It will actually make you feel a little better.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I just walk and do stretches during TOM. I get really really bad cramps in the belly and back and sometimes have to take prescription meds to take the edge off. I am afraid of doing hard exercise while medicated because I could injure myself and not realize it until much later. I am really really really looking forward to menopause!