OT- very upset

Options
2»

Replies

• Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options

And that was his mistake I think...

God knows when I screw up big, I wanna flee too, it's hard to step up and be like 'Honey...I might have messed up...' At least it is for me...I hate letting people down more than anything. I absolutely hate to fail the people I love...might be he's the same way...*shrug* :frown:
    [/quote]

I hate to admit this but I don't think he cares. I've been trying to talk to him and make things "normal" again but he's not responding. Oh well! I'm not going to sweat it.

I'm gonna have my first glass of wine in 6 months today! :flowerforyou:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Hugs to you Mireille. :frown:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    huuuug! i know that what he did was not intentional, and that he was helping by watching the girls this ONE nite...but he really should have called in my opinion, especially since you explained to him that it had to be address right away if the earring came out!!

plus, just in my opinion, you should be getting more than just the one night out in six months. especially if hubby is around...the more practice he gets, the more he will know how to handle those situations. A friend of mine is a single mom and NEVER gets a night out, so ive started offering to take the baby every now and again since she doesn't have someone 'built in' to take care of her...

anyway, hang in there....
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a rough morning. He might be doing a little passive/aggressive thing with the earring. maybe he didn't want to watch the kids, maybe he didn't want you to go out, maybe he didn't want you to pierce the girls ears. maybe he just goofed. but you need to talk about it. he went out? while you were yelling at him? laugh. Is he coming back in time to help out with the cooking and prep for 20 people? I would be more angry about that than the earring. try to put it all aside and enjoy the day anyway. (Tell him you would be happy to fetch him a beer or drink and rub the top of the bottle or glass on your hiney or armpit, then serve. it will make you smile at least once watching him drink it !! :wink: )
    as far as the earring... if you got it pierced at one of those quickie places at the mall with a gun that jammed the earring through the ear, there will be a small amount of scar tissue. If you want the earring in the same spot, then when it is healed, take her to an actual piercer and have them re-pierce it in the same spot. a piercer uses a needle that actually cuts a small part of the flesh away. it will effectively remove the small amount of scar tissue and place the jewelry right where you need it. if you don't want to do it that way, take out the other earring, let them both heal and then take her back to have them re-punched. (please note, using an earring 'gun' to pierce is very tramatic to the ear. (like the ones at the mall) they are impossible to sterilize, microsplatter from others and a host of bacteria causes major problems.) if you decide to go that route, please please find a place that uses single use sterile in the package piercing guns. its still tramatic to the ear, but a lot safer.
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    Mireille

Sorry your day is not going as planned, and sorry that you are missing your run. Moms are pretty incredible. It is hard to live up to "mom" standards. Men can be/are intimidated by how easy moms make it look. Sometimes we act like little boys in response.

I am not making excuses for his behavior (unexcusable), but maybe he feels out of his element in dealing with "girly" stuff. He could be acting mad at you to hide his own feelings of incompetence at handling household matters while you were out.

Or I could be full of crap! Either way, I hope it all works out and that the rest of your day is much better. Enjoy your wine and friends and I will look forward to hearing about your great run tomorrow.

JD