are you a 30 something gal with 30lb to lose?

Options

Replies

• Rocktobermom
    Options
    30, mom. Trying to lose up to 45lbs.. Happy to be of some encouragement. Friend request if like.

Cheers'
  • Ersheen
    Ersheen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    hi i m 30 and iwant to lose 15 pounds
  • ShanStar78
    ShanStar78 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    35 year old with 20 pounds to go! Feel free to add me.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 and would like to lose about the same amount.
  • kbenik13
    kbenik13 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 30 and would like to lose 20-25 more pounds, so you all can count me in too!
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 and 30 to lose :) I'm mature I promise! lol
  • Diana_Barry
    Options
    I'm almost 35 with 15kgs (33lb) to lose. This is the biggest I've ever been and I hate it!

Started MFP a few months ago and tracked for 1 week then got too busy and let it slide. Would love some support buddies and someone to be accountable to and report in my weight every week.

I've had really good success losing weight before, but this time I have a young child, spend 3 hours in the car (commuting) 4 days per week and am under quite a lot of pressure, so weight loss is going to be a lot more challenging this time.

Has the 30/30 group been set up?
  • heyhomey
    heyhomey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of a 30/30 club :) I'm also not sure what it would look like because I've never joined a group. I'd consider joining this one.
    Thank you so much for all the replies, supports and adds. i went a little off plan last night (Friday night) and was beating myself up about it. Now reading all your messages, i am motivated to get back on track today! Not sure what a 30/30 club is but id love to start one for whoever would like to join.... a little help?
  • babyprim
    babyprim Posts: 1
    Options
    31 yrs old, 5'8; weigh now 164 pounds. Through tough workouts and portion control past 4months. Stil got 2 pounds to go. So, all here to support you and would love lots of friends to..xxxx
  • cagefan
    cagefan Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i'm 30 something with about 30 more left to lose !! add me if you want!
  • ynnirb
    ynnirb Posts: 1
    Options
    TOTALLY ME! Yes please!
  • iheartnewyork
    iheartnewyork Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Everyone has off days, it's getting back on track that's important! :) I'm new to MFP so I'm not sure exactly how "Groups" work, but there is a tab at the top of the page - then go to "add new group". Sort of a smaller forum with like minded members - there's ones for people doing specific eating/fitness plans, similar goals, in the same country, etc. You can set challenges, have weekly weigh ins, our own little section for success stories, that type of stuff. :)

Thanks Jaime i'll look into it. Also very good advise re getting back on track!
  • iheartnewyork
    Options
    Hi all, I'm 32 and have about 30 to lose. Would be happy with 20lbs in 3 months I think! Anything to be honest would be great!
    I did really well on MFP last year Aug - Nov I lost about 20 lbs dropped a dress size etc....then got glandular fever so lost my way with diet and exercise. Xmas, birthdays, family visiting and all of that weight plus more has come back on.

Just can't get back on the wagon, so am hoping this is it and if I have some fellow MFP'ers to help me along the way that would be amazing!

I know it's do-able, I know how to do it....so maybe I should just do it! I can't allow myself another summer trying to plan outfits to cover up a the beach and not go swimming. have lived in Oz for 4 years and never worn a bikini/swimsuit here.

So good luck everyone & I look forward to seeing how we all do!!

Thanks for sharing your story. i also lost almost 20lb last year and put it all back on +another 10lb after i sprained my ankle. Couldn't do anything but keep my foot up and eat for weeks :-(

I'm also from OZ but living in NY where its summer right now. Really affecting my social life atm.

Lets do this!!
  • iheartnewyork
    Options
    For those of you who suggested a group... i have created one for us! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/15302-30-30-group
  • gaga2008
    gaga2008 Posts: 1
    Options
    I too need to loose 30 lbs and I too lost and regained cause I was on that low carb high protein diet need to get into shape and permanently keep it off am determined but need support:smile:
  • Nancymcgregor
    Nancymcgregor Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 35 and I have about 40lbs to lose. feel free to add me :)
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm not exactly 30, but pretty close. I'm 27 with about 39 more pounds to lose :)
  • mikcila
    mikcila Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm 32 and I am trying to lose at least 20 pounds. I picked them up over the past 8 months and cant wait for them to vacate the premises again!
    I am looking for people who are on the same journey as me - getting rid of their unwanted weight!

Please add me - i think we can all do with a bit of motivation every now and again (in this case, more is better than some!).

Good luck on your journey!
  • phdboundwoman
    phdboundwoman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 30 trying to lose 30+ just starting today.
  • himel13
    himel13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 30, looking to lose at least 15-20 lbs (or at least lower body fat %)! Add me if you want!