Has anyone found pills or weightloss plns that work?

Options

Replies

• AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Sadly there is no magic to be found in a pill to achieve a healthier you. Its all about eating right and exercising. I do use Advocare products however I view them as nutritional supplements to my efforts and not weight loss magic pills. If I don't use MFP to track food and get my money's worth out of my gym membership I would forever be complaining about the fat around my middle.

Knowledge, hard work, have a plan, exercise, eat right. <---there's your magic pill :)
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    yes.

1) get the whey protein pill. if you can't find it in pill form, it's more readily available in whey protein powder form. take enough every day in addition to food to meet your protein goal.
    2) count calories.
  • CindaWhite
    CindaWhite Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The bottom line here is that anything you use to help you diet will do just that, it will help you diet. Dieters may lose weight but never successfully. If you want to lose weight you need to make lifetime changes. If you lose a lot of weight very quickly it will be very hard if not impossible to stop dieting and maintain. Eat your TDEE minus 20% and eat your exercise calories to maintain a constant deficit. When you reach your goal in this way...AND YOU WILL. Adding the 20% back will be relatively easy as you will not have much to alter.
  • CindaWhite
    CindaWhite Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    magic-pill-for-weight-loss-300x195.jpg

OOOOOOOOOHHHH I'll take 2 :)
  • NotThePest
    NotThePest Posts: 164
    Options
    What worked for me: Portion control and a good exercise plan. Has been working since 2007.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    people on heroin always seem to be thin...
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I bought 2 watermelons. Last time I remember it made me pee a lot. so i am going to see if this will help make me lose more water weight.

:huh:
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    There is so magic pill. Diet and exercise combined will do the job.

Always remember. "its not a sprint, it's a marathon"
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I too was a child of diet.pills. my mom had me on every pill known to man. I was a size 10!! I would kill to be a 10 again. my.point is that diet pills suck, I.am bitter and my mom is a psycho. :-)
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    You want to "get fit" and "do it healthy this time(according to your profile) then this time you need to stop thinking about diet aids. Strength train and eat your TDEE -20% and stop looking for short cuts.

^^This 100%
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I bought 2 watermelons. Last time I remember it made me pee a lot. so i am going to see if this will help make me lose more water weight.

Huh? So you are looking for temporary fixes?
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I found a great diet supplement I take every day. It fills me up and gives me great energy, too! Here's what's in it:

Turkey
    Chicken
    Broccoli
    Green beans
    Tomatoes
    Eggs
    Yogurt
    Cheese
    Milk
    Quinoa
    Pasta
    Rice
    Ice cream
    Chocolate

It's called food.
  • dailytammy
    dailytammy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I agree eating right and exercise however I do use herbalife shakes as a quick meal replacement and it does work but any protein shake will help.
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    I too was a child of diet.pills. my mom had me on every pill known to man. I was a size 10!! I would kill to be a 10 again. my.point is that diet pills suck, I.am bitter and my mom is a psycho. :-)

Gotta love those moms that told us we were fat! Thanks Ma! And someone also mentioned: Heroin works really well, did for me on and off for 10 years! Its NO WONDER I gained 100 lbs the blessed year I sobered up! Drugs, be they Street or Legal are Never the solution. :)
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    My best friend took hydroxycut and it put her in a hospital- literally made her have a breakdown and the doctor said it was definitely from the pills side effects. Not worth it- follow the advice on this thread instead (minus the heroin ;-) )
  • shortmomma81
    Options
    No, from my own experience and I have probably tried everything OTC. However, I have bought some preworkout drink mixes that have given me the stamina to exercise longer.
  • east2west14
    east2west14 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Eat less
    Exercise
    End of story

Say it again :)
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options

Huh? So you are looking for temporary fixes?

haha nooooo :) i just think it had a good benefit of eliminating water along with my other food im eating! thats IF it works now like last time i ate watermelon. i sorta found that out by accident.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options

:huh:

LOL sorry ... i am having a problem with sodium.. hoping the watermelon that i am eating along with other healthy food will help.

I am recommending nutritious food and i get dissed .. lol...
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Eat less
    Exercise
    End of story

This.

Lots of pills and diets work. For a few months. And then they don't.