Struggle to drink water!!

Options
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any tips on drinking more water? I have never been one for drinking much water and I am really struggling trying to drink it, I see that many people say how important it is to drink water when losing weight but I struggle to drink even 2 cups a day ; - (

Thanks

Replies

• sonnyandme
    Options
    Hi, I find it really helpful to have even a 750ml or a litre bottle of water that I fill up every day with me at all times because I can sip on it throughout the day. Before I started doing this I struggled with drinking water as well. For me if it I didnt have it with me I didnt think about it and so I didnt drink it . Hope it helps a bit :)
    Also when you start drinking it more at first you might be going to the toilet a bit more but itll get better in a little while :)
  • Seefylol
    Seefylol Posts: 197
    Options
    2 cups is really low! You should be drinking a minimum of 2 liters at least to keep your body hydrated.

Here's a little fact that might motivate you more to drink more.

>>>>Water is your body's principal chemical component and makes up about 60 percent of your body weight. Every system in your body depends on water. For example, water flushes toxins out of vital organs, carries nutrients to your cells and provides a moist environment for ear, nose and throat tissues.

Lack of water can lead to dehydration, a condition that occurs when you don't have enough water in your body to carry out normal functions. Even mild dehydration can drain your energy and make you tired.<<<<

Bets thing to do is to keep a big bottle (2 liters or more)of water next to you and make sure you drink it each and every day. Even add a flavouring to it if you don't like it.

Hope this helps :)
  • RTDice
    RTDice Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    There's a few smartphone apps for kicking you into a drinking more water routine. They helped me...
  • Pixilox
    Pixilox Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I too hated drinking water but then I started to add fresh fruit to it. A couple raspberries, slices of pineapple, etc. and it makes it more enjoyable. Also I like my water ice cold.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Put it in a glass of ice and its more refreshing that way.
  • Fallen8905
    Fallen8905 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this too! But starting to try and drink as much water as i can now :)
  • PunkinSpice79
    PunkinSpice79 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Urgh! I hate drinking water. I drink kool-aid. Yup. Don't care what people say, that's the only way I can get some water though it isn't much.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    You don't have to drink pure water. Anything you drink besides alcohol can go toward your water intake hydration goals (as long as you keep your caffeine below 400-500mg) Count your soda, coffee, milk, juice and water toward your goal, just remember to also log the ones with calories in your food diary as well.
  • Gsausen
    Gsausen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I struggle with drinking water also. I just bought a jar of Lipton diet iced tea, lemon mix. I'm thinking that might help get my water in.
  • appleg1rl
    appleg1rl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey, Shed! I was like you about a year ago. Not because I hated water but because I can't drink a big amount of anything. Something that worked REALLY well for me was a Camelbak water bottle. It has a straw and that helps me drink more. I sip on it all day. My mom has also started drinking more thanks to it! Maybe try a Camelbak or one similar. :)

Hope that helps! Good luck!
  • blessedmomof3girls
    blessedmomof3girls Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am not a huge water drinker by nature either. I usually flavor it with some no calorie, natural sweetner. Something like Mio or a generic. It helps me drink it. I also make sure to keep it cold in the fridge, and just add to the bottle as I get it out. I keep it with me all day, and if I drink 2 bottles of water I usually treat myself with something else.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I just make myself drink it! Not fun, but I get it in that way, sometimes a 1/2 cup at a time, if that's what it takes/ ;-)

I also really enjoy carbonated sugar/artificial sweetner free carbonated water. Orange,, grapefruit, lemon, lime, add ice and you get even more water!!
  • Nancymcgregor
    Nancymcgregor Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have two 500ml sports bottles that I take everywhere with me. I keep mineral water in ltr bottle in the fridge and top them up when required. I used to be like you but now I drink 2.5ltrs a day.
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    if you're thirsty drink some water, it's not that hard
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Get one of these.

EC94BFE4.jpg

You'll find yourself absently drinking throughout the day. Just make sure you refill it regularly and you should have no problem getting your 64 oz per day.
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I agree with applegirl, it's easier to drink a lot through a straw.
  • DreaMuffin
    DreaMuffin Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    what about some flavoured infused waters? a cinnamon stick and sliced apple in a pitcher of water gives it a nice refreshing taste. i've done watermelon and cucumber as well. might help make it more palatable! :)
  • robynatk99
    robynatk99 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat...not a big water drinker...I went 3 days once without drinking water..I just drank soda or milk. I now use crystal light ( I can hear people now...aspritame!..bad for you (however you spell it! )) anyways...I've been using that in my water to make me drink it..at least its fluid..just experiment with diff things...eventually you will find something that works for you.
  • donnamosh
    donnamosh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am the same as you. I can only drink so much water and then I feel sick. I was told to put lemon in it or something to flavor it.:smile: