Cocoa butter cream and MSM cream?

I've been taking Palmers Cocoa Butter Cream for about a month now, but I've been reading that MSM cream is brilliant for loose skin/stretch marks. This is a stupid question but would it be alright to use BOTH day and night? Using one after the other.

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    You can, but I'm not sure what results you think you might achieve.
  • ScottIan11
    ScottIan11 Posts: 48
    I'm not expecting miracles I just thought it might be worth a go if it actually works. Thanks!
  • melaniecheeks
    What I mean is, if cream A is effective, and cream B is effective, do you believe that combining creams A and B will be twice as effective?
  • ScottIan11
    Ahh. No I'm not expecting it to make it twice as effective, I just know that they are both meant to be great for the skin so I thought it might be good to use both or would it just be a waste of money?
  • ScottIan11
    Also, quick question, I have stretch marks EVERYWHERE, does this pretty much indicate that I'm going to get loose skin?
  • ecdce
    ecdce Posts: 129 Member
    I would think you may even have a problem with one cream making the other one less effective. Or worse, them both making eachother less effective. If you put on cocoa butter and then msm (which is sulfur, right?), wouldn't you just essentially be diluting the sulfur cream? It can take 30+ minutes for a cream product to fully absorb, longer if you've showered recently. If anything, I would use one in the morning and one at night, so each has a good 12 hours to do it's job. Otherwise, you may just be wasting one product. Or worse, making both ineffective.
  • ScottIan11
    I would think you may even have a problem with one cream making the other one less effective. Or worse, them both making eachother less effective. If you put on cocoa butter and then msm (which is sulfur, right?), wouldn't you just essentially be diluting the sulfur cream? It can take 30+ minutes for a cream product to fully absorb, longer if you've showered recently. If anything, I would use one in the morning and one at night, so each has a good 12 hours to do it's job. Otherwise, you may just be wasting one product. Or worse, making both ineffective.
    Ahh this is why I wasn't too sure about using them, that it might be a waste of time and money. I might use one every 12 hours or something. Thank you!
  • melaniecheeks
    I agree, use one at a time.
  • ScottIan11
    I agree, use one at a time.
    Thank you (: