appetite suppressant

Options
2»

Replies

• jodigirl03
    jodigirl03 Posts: 111
    Options
    Currently I am taking BioAPP Appetite Suppressant. It is a natural aid to reducing calorie intake.
    www.chemistdirect.co.uk/new-bioapp-natural-appetite-suppressant_1_177629.html

Thank you. That was my question.

My eating is good. I've been doing this for over 20 years, have studied nutrition extensively, and I'm always trying to keep up with the newest and latest info involving it, as it does change often. I do exercise regularly, my fiber intake is almost too high, my water intake is WAY too much and no I can not tolerate milk. I know my TDEE, I also know my BMR, BMI ... and how to eat using those tools

My diary is not open because I didn't ask anyone to analyze my diet. I asked specifically for a SAFE appetite suppressant w/o a stimulant.

I'm super cautious about EVERYTHING that goes into my body including my vitamins. My eating is strictly organic, flax & chia seeds included, other healthy fats, lean protein, and whole grains from the most natural sources available.

I'm just having a hard time adjusting to less calories like anybody else who begins a reduced calorie regimen and I was hoping you guys may know something I don't.

Thanks for your kind offers, but I'm good there.

I'm going to look into the link you so kindly offered and thank you, but as with anything else that enters my body I will do an extensive research on it as well. If nothing else, I will usually readapt to the lower cal intake after the first week. It's just been a long year off due to health issues.

Thank you to everyone who offered your help and input. I will take all things into consideration. So far a lil natural peanut butter on a slice of whole grain toast is getting me at least half way through the night. It usually just takes a while. Our bodies love fat and when you threaten their supply they'll do anything to hold onto it :smile:

Just remember, we're all here for the same reason ... support! :heart:
  • sldeaton1107
    Options
    You need to fill up on your free stuff, like veggies. Also, mint gum will kill cravings nicely
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    fat and fibre keeps me full
  • seamonkey789
    Options
    Someone recommended chia seeds. You can throw them in orange juice, cottage cheese, or make a pudding with them
  • butterflygone
    Options
    It sucks that no one gave her the answer she was looking for. She asked for a suppressant, not someone's alternative to a suppressant. I am looking for one myself. It doesn't matter how many veggies or how much water I consume, the constant feeling of hunger is always there. I'm sorry you didn't get your answer. I don't have any answers either, but I know where you're coming from.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    If exercises helps suppress your appetite or drinking some water does it, then wouldn't that be an appetite suppressant?
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Drinking water before you eat helps and protein powder with some water - that helps to keep me fuller longer
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    It sucks that no one gave her the answer she was looking for. She asked for a suppressant, not someone's alternative to a suppressant. I am looking for one myself. It doesn't matter how many veggies or how much water I consume, the constant feeling of hunger is always there. I'm sorry you didn't get your answer. I don't have any answers either, but I know where you're coming from.

They may not be actual "appetite suppressants", but they are great alternatives that actually work. Some appetite (actually most) suppressants do not work - exercising, drinking water, protein powder (proven to keep you fuller longer) do help.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    A low carb ketogenic diet works as an appetite suppressant if restricting your carbs is something you're willing to do. I started eating this way about a year ago and I believe I used "miraculous" to describe the effect it had on my appetite. I went from being hungry all of the time, even if I just ate to being able to easily go 5 - 8 hours in between meals. If you're interested here's a link that will get you started -- you'll probably want to keep your carbs under 50g a day for the full effect.

LCHF for Beginners
    http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Do you know what also is a basic life skill? Eating when you're hungry.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    no.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Do you know what also is a basic life skill? Eating when you're hungry.

Except not everyone stops when they aren't hungry or have issues eating due to boredom, stress, etc.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    A fiber pill with a bottle of water helps when I think I'm hungry after a meal.

However I have a problem where my head says "hungry" and my stomach says "nuh-uh" and it turns out a bottle of water fixes that nicely. The fiber is just to make sure, because a lack of it really makes people feel hungry.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    ...Food. Food suppresses my appetite fairly well.
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I have been taking Pterostilbene and find it significantly reduces my hunger and gives me extra energy as well. I have not been taking it long, still on my first bottle, but so far there have been no unpleasant side effects. In fact, I eagerly look forward to taking it each morning. And, at some point, may start incorporating another dose in the afternoon if I am particularly hungry. Lots of info on it, but here is a random article:

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2009/ss2009_The-Other-Resveratrol_01.htm
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    My 2 cents:
    If there was a safe, effective pill, do you think that people like Oprah who are billionaires, would still have difficulty with their weight?
    There is, at this point , no safe pill for long term. Then what happens when you go off the pill?
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I have been taking Pterostilbene and find it significantly reduces my hunger and gives me extra energy as well. I have not been taking it long, still on my first bottle, but so far there have been no unpleasant side effects. In fact, I eagerly look forward to taking it each morning. And, at some point, may start incorporating another dose in the afternoon if I am particularly hungry. Lots of info on it, but here is a random article:

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2009/ss2009_The-Other-Resveratrol_01.htm

BTW I forgot to add: Pterostilbene (terro-STILL-bean), is found in blueberries, grapes, and in the bark of the Indian Kino Tree, and has been used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine.