New home, new me

Options
katscst
katscst Posts: 4 Member
:flowerforyou:

I recently moved into a new home (at least, new to me) after 17 years in an apartment. I'm loving the yard work, and not even minding the house work, because I so love my new home.

I'm 65, single and love my life. I work 2 full-time demanding jobs, so it's hard to plan, but I'm going to do it. I know the steps, I know the rules and I know what I have to do. I just haven't wanted to do it. I recently lost a friend who had a diabetic seizure, went into a coma and died. Being a diabetic, that really hit home with me.

So I'm starting again from square one. Weighing, measuring - both me AND my food...:smile: I figure with the new work here at home, I should be able to ramp up my exercise without too much trouble. I much prefer yard work as exercise than the traditional "exercises". That may have to change come winter, but I think I can get a handle on it before then. I'm also going to start walking on my breaks at work during the day. I've let the 100 degree temps scare me off, but that's about to change!

I have several friends that swear by MFP. I'm a Lifetime WW member myself, but recent changes to the program have discouraged me, so I'm going to follow my friends' lead and open myself up here on MFP.

I'm excited for the challenge and the possibilities that weight loss will open up for me!

Good luck, everyone!

Replies

• tpcooper
    tpcooper Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am sure you will love it here.