My heart rate is too high when exercising!

Options
I started exercising about 4 days ago. I use stationery bike for 30 minutes and I make it really hard for myself ( nearly the hardest level)
I'm sweating a lot during it so I guess I'm having a good workout.
But the thing is my heart rate goes up as high as 194bmp
I'm 18 years and I don't think my heart rate should be that high,
Can I get a heart attack? :ohwell: ,

Replies

• Seefylol
    Seefylol Posts: 197
    Options
    It's normal for your bpm to go up during exercise :) Mine goes pretty high. But 194 does seem quite high, although if you're using the bike machine to track your bpm, just know that they aren't always accurate.

But get your blood pressure taken just to be on the safe side :)
  • Shellerini
    Shellerini Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    ok thank you! :)
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    It's pretty amazing that you could sustain such a heart rate for any period of time, given that you only just started exercising. You'd probably be better off either working longer at a lower intensity (so do 45 minutes at 175 bpm instead) or do intervals (2 minutes at your 190+ bpm and then 2 minutes at around 150 bpm).
  • nznatural
    nznatural Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different - I am 27 and my heart rate frequently gets into the low 190s (not for long, but I still see it there sometimes). It is usually around the mid 180s.

I run pretty intensely twice a week, and do slower runs three times a week. Even on my less intense runs, I am still around 170-180 the whole time, again with some peaks in the 190s on the hills.