A new beginning

Options
I am new to the site and excited about my new journey that I am on. I am actually on a kind of different journey to a certain extend from you guys. I am here to lose weight and gain support but my weight lose will be a little different. I am going to have the gastric bypass surgery hopefully in the next month or two. However, prior to surgery they required that I quit smoking which I have (6-18-10) and also lose 65 lbs. So here I am not only for the calorie counter but also for support from some great friends!

Replies

• Welcome Rach, I'm new too so we can support each other! Add me if you want, I'll help to motivate you in any way I can :)
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Great for you coming here! You might find you are not so different. I have met a few people here that came to MFP to lose weight for their surgery and opted out of the surgery when they realized they could do it on their own without it. Maybe that will be you too!

Hope that you find your way around easily and welcome to the club! :flowerforyou:
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! My mother had the surgery almost 4 years ago and is very happy.

Good for you for quitting smoking! It is a very hard thing to do. :drinker:
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome! This is a great place to get encouragement and there are many on here like you and if you do a search you will find that there are many stopping smoking as well as losing the weight. I believe I read someone profile yesterday that was going to have the surgery and once they found that they could lose weight without it they just kept on going using MFP!

Good thoughts coming your way to lose all you want to:drinker:

Laura:smile: