Need to loose 80 pounds at 49 yrs old, looking for friends

Options
Hi,

My name is Lucie and I would like to find friends who are in the same situation as I so we can motivate ourselves.

I had breast cancer 2 yrs ago lumpectomy, chemo and radio. Now that I am back to normal I would really want for once in my life to loose weight.

I think I am insulin resistant as I am gaining weight as soon as I am eating carbs...

I am starting a learn to run clinic next week and I am following a low carb high protein (I am doing the Carb Sensitivity Program).

Looking for friends for motivational support !!!!

Cheers !

Replies

• Rayuana
    Rayuana Posts: 3
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on your health success. I am a nurse and used to practice hem-oncology and it is always great to hear of success. I am in need of a massive weight loss as well but it has been a roller coaster that I am tired of riding. We can encourage each other, add me if you wish.
  • jcfelbi
    jcfelbi Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    HI - I am in same boat as you; also following a doctor supervised plan that is probably similar to what you are doing (less than 80 carbs/more than 80 protein each day?? Is that kind of like the carb sensitivity plan? ) I also gain weight if I carb out -- am on day 15 (or so) of MFP and so far, so good....but the beginning is easy. Would love to buddy up and try to motivate each other to stick with it. Realizing that it will take a year or so to drop 80 pounds is sooooooo frickin' annoying.....but I'm hoping to eventually get there...please feel free to add me if you want.
  • Linthesky
    Linthesky Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am indeed eating lots of proteins and low carbs...I see my doc in 2 weeks ...I had a full analysis done ...I suspect that I am insulin resistent because when I just count calories I gain weight or stay at the same weight... I did low carb and high protein for a week and lost 4 pounds ... Went off of it and gained it back...this was not water lost as my waist size was also decreasing....Anyway I know what I have to do....:)))
  • Linthesky
    Linthesky Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Ray,

I admire the work you do...what do you plan to do to loose your weight ???? What is your game plan ?