Hey I'm new here!

Options
Right!!! Really wanting to get stuck in and start shifting some excess lbs! I don't consider myself to be obese but I'm definitely a bit wobblier around the middle and thighs than I would like to be which is what has got me on here - I'm really determined to stop whinging to my boyfriend abt how I don't like my stomach/legs etc I and want to do something about it! So here I am, on day two and it's so far so good.....just need to make some friends on here to help me keep my spirit and determination up and hopefully I can do the same in return! :happy:

Replies

• kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    HI! I am also looking for people to help keep me motivated! I am only looking to lose about 10lbs but those 10lbs keep me from feeling my best! I just started MFP on Monday and am well on my way! WOOOHOOO!

Please request me as a friend! Good Luck!

-Kate
  • Barbina_34
    Options
    Wow reading what you wrote is like seeing how I feel. I am the exact same way with my body and I complain all the time to my boyfriend, now to the point where he makes a joke about it when I say " I am going to start exercising!!" I want to show him and especially myself that I can do this!! I don't need to loose a lot either but I definately need to tone up and it seriously cannot be that hard!! Would love to have motivation too so feel free to vent anytime you want!!!!!:smile:
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit. You sound very determined, and that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • dcgcsc
    Options
    Hi. I am also new to this website and I looking for friends to help me get motivated and give me some ideas on what works. I am trying to loss at least 30+ lbs so I can feel good in a nice pair of jeans. Plus I need the motivation to exercise. HELP :)
  • AnnaleisJ
    AnnaleisJ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for your kind a positive replies! I think the hardest part for me is going to be the weekend as during the week I can get into a good routine with work but it all tends to go to pot at the weekend - especially when my boyfriend suggests getting a take away pizza and a bottle of wine. I think I'm going to have to find some of this 'will power' stuff to keep me going and hopefully avoid the temptation to over indulge at the weekend! At least being on here, there are a lot of people in the same boat so we can keep each other going. :happy:
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for your kind a positive replies! I think the hardest part for me is going to be the weekend as during the week I can get into a good routine with work but it all tends to go to pot at the weekend - especially when my boyfriend suggests getting a take away pizza and a bottle of wine. I think I'm going to have to find some of this 'will power' stuff to keep me going and hopefully avoid the temptation to over indulge at the weekend! At least being on here, there are a lot of people in the same boat so we can keep each other going. :happy:

I agree! I am great during the week and lose it on the weekends! I plan on being on this weekend especially so we can keep each other in line. :)
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    i just added you - we can help motivate eachother I'm new to this site 3 weeks now.

Love your signature - really cool.:smile::smile:
  • Fruchtzwerg
    Fruchtzwerg Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

God, I know exactly what you're talking about. Weekends and boyfriends coming home with Pizza or Chinese Take Away..."will power" what is that again? :wink:

I'm new here too and also in desperate need of some "support" :blushing:
  • AnnaleisJ
    Options
    Well I will definitley be on but luckily keeping busy too! Got the Gym on Saturday and doing some casual waitressing work on Sunday so at least I will be keeping active! But definitely up for the keeping each other in line idea as this weekend will be a real test!
  • AnnaleisJ
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I agree! I am great during the week and lose it on the weekends! I plan on being on this weekend especially so we can keep each other in line. :)

Well I will definitley be on but luckily keeping busy too! Got the Gym on Saturday and doing some casual waitressing work on Sunday so at least I will be keeping active! But definitely up for the keeping each other in line idea as this weekend will be a real test!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just joined this site today, but it looks like a great place to keep motivated. I've lost 45lbs over 8 months but I have another 11 to lose before I hit my goal and I seem to be stuck at a plateau. That last 10-15 can really be a bummer.

I'm always looking for healthy, fresh, (mostly veg.) recipes to try and would love to meet people that want to share ideas and keep each other motivated. I am active with jogging, baseball, and other sports and try to get out every day. If you want, send me a friend request and maybe we can help each other out :)

Best of luck to you all!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm an oldie, from almost a year ago, and now am back! Sure need encouraging and hope I have the time to log my stuff! I have no friends anymore, so if you need a support Bud, I'm here! Kath

Welcome all you newbies!
  • AnnaleisJ
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

God, I know exactly what you're talking about. Weekends and boyfriends coming home with Pizza or Chinese Take Away..."will power" what is that again? :wink:

I'm new here too and also in desperate need of some "support" :blushing:

I know - I'm trying to get my boyfriend to sign up but I don;t think he'd keep track properly. It's nice that there is so much support available on here :happy: