32 year old trying to lose 150 pounds

Options
its tough I am really trying to super charge my motivation. I am 281 pounds I have never been this heavy. I have a infant so it is important now more than ever to get my weight and health in order. My daughter needs me to be around, and I need to be around for her I am seriously over weight but all that is about to change I am excepting all god advice to help me reach my goa:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Tashie_bailiff
    Options
    Welcome! And congratulations on taking this first step. I restarted MFP on June 24, 2013 and have since lost 23 pounds down from my highest ever! You can do this, it just takes dedication and being honest with yourself. Sending a friend request now! :)
    Good luck!
    -Tasha
  • jazzrose007
    jazzrose007 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yes, it may seem hard at first but you can do it. MFP offer lots of support, so you're in the right place. Good luck to you!
  • DeLenne
    DeLenne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been a member since April of this year and lost 23 pounds. I too am the heaviest i ever been. I put in my goals to lose 25 pounds. If i were to put in the total amount of pounds to lose i would feel overwhelmed and just quit. So i start small. I have been trying to lose weight since September of last year and started swimming laps. It took 6 months to lose 10 pounds. Then my friend told me about this site and i figured "why not". I love this site. I just measure/weigh what i eat and eat what i want and stay under the daily calorie goal it set for me. I told my doctor about this site and he is recomending it to others based on how it's helped me lose. You are more then welcome to friendrequest if you would like. :)
  • jackiefrost33
    Options
    I too am at my heaviest, well I was when I restarted on MFP which was only a week ago. This is a wonderful start and agreat place for motivation. Track all you foods even the ones with 0 calories. Start to exercise even if it us 5 minutes!!! That's what I have done and am already down 15 pounds. You can do this!!! Friend request sent!!
  • shed50kg
    shed50kg Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You can do it ; - )

I started at 320 lbs and decided that it was time to change my eating habits. I started 11 weeks and have dropped to 310 lbs so lost about a lb a week. I think if you REALLY want to lose the weight then you need to look at this as a life changing experience rather than a diet. You have to start to learn to eat correctly and take in more exercise, this is what I am doing. I look at it as a challenge which gives me a big buzz to get motivated and make it happen.

You also need to have patience, I am looking to lose 110 lbs and my goal is 2 years to lose it in. Yes, it seems like a long time, but is it really? I have been 320 lbs for knocking on 20 years so to drop a 110 lbs in 2years sounds pretty good to me.

I have never been on a diet as my never really bothered me much before and I never believed they worked, I have seen so many people go on diets, only to gain the weight back when they go back to the same eating habits. It must be a lifestyle change, and I am now finished with my old lifestyle of eating unhealthy junk food and heavy drinking ; - ). Time for the next part of my life with my family.

You can make it work, just stick in there. you will get lots of support, tips and advice on MFP.
  • maryepowell70
    maryepowell70 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would love to take this journey with you as a buddy! I have at least 150 to go! I am close to, if not the heaviest I have ever been! I was doing WW for a while, but our budget is tighter, so we had to stop. I love that this has the app for the smart phone and the community that we can keep up with each other!

I have 2 daughters that are young adults, and 2 grandchildren both are good reasons to take good care of me! The hardest part, right now is I am trying to start a business from home- baking goodies! I really don't like to ingest a lot of artificial sweeteners, I believe that a lot of my headaches have come from drinking so much of that (diet soda).

I'll be your cheer leader, if you'll be mine! <3
  • mscountrygirl39456
    mscountrygirl39456 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I turn 32 September 1, I started out on my journey in April 2013 I weighed 307, when I weighed in on Friday I was at 274.6, and I want to lose 125-130 lbs, so anybody feel free to add me
  • maryepowell70
    maryepowell70 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the loss! I forgot to do my first weigh in this morning- so I'll get on the scale tomorrow! Lots of stuff to do today, including some baking for orders for my business I am working on getting started! 5 batches of 4 different kinds of muffins! <3
  • mrsmkj06
    mrsmkj06 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for support on this journey. I'm 37 yrs old and currently weigh 251, with a 3 yr old boy, who has more energy than I ever had. He is my motivation. I want to be able to play with him and enjoy being with him while he is young. I would love to have you as a friend along with any others who looking for support.
  • shafikes
    shafikes Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am 37 with a little over a 100 pounds to loose. I have been on this site for a couple of weeks and love it. The support is awesome and keeps me motivated. Good Luck
  • nike2345
    nike2345 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey I was over 300 pounds. I decided to lose weight. I lost 40 pounds by myself but then I hit a plateau. That's when I heard about this site and I decided to give it a try. Hopeful with dedication and some cheering on I can lose 100 pounds.
  • Koloss_Kelsier
    Options
    Welcome!!!! As stated many times before, congrats on making the decision to come here and start the weight loss. That first step is always the hardest because we have to tell ourselves there is something wrong with us. I have 145ish still to lose and am always looking to add some new, amazing, fun people to mix it up with and have some fun while losing all this pesky weight. No reason we should have to be bored while doing this, eh? :). Feel free to throw me an add if you like. Hope your day is going well!