Losing weight during husbands deployment! :)

Options
Hi :) My name is Brittany and I am not new to MFP but I have not made any friends on here as of yet. Here is my attempt! Everyone needs support from people who are trying to accomplish the same goal! I am 26 and have 3 children. My husband is deployed. I have been trying to lose weight for YEARS but now is the time for me to really kick it in high gear! My short term goal is 50 pounds while he is gone! :) Any support would be appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• jurgie18
    jurgie18 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful goal! Hope you succeed. I just started my journey too, add me if you would like. Good luck and keep positive people around you.
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I lost the bulk of my weight while my WoofPup was PCS'ed to Guantanamo. Having them gone sucks hard but it's fun to surprise them when they get home.
  • tiffanypmiller
    tiffanypmiller Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My husband is deployed also. I have 2 kids and working out at home seems almost impossible. Luckily Im able to work out at work.....Good luck on your weight loss journey and during the deployment. Feel free to add me as a friend.

Warning: my food diary isnt the best as I often just eat whatever I make the kids and mornings are more on the run than I'd like
  • britneybowen
    britneybowen Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My husband just deployed 3 weeks ago and my goal is 40lbs while he's gone. I lost 11 already so I have 29 to go! I have 2 kids so itshard to find time to work out but I know I have to do it! add me if you'd like :)
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,812 Member
    Options
    I am 25, and mom of 3 boys, feel free to add me
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    wish you the best of luck. that will be awesome.
  • shelleydavies1991
    Options
    Hi :)

I'm Shelley, my boyfriend is currently deployed! I've set myself a goal of getting to 10 stone by Christmas - that's when he comes home!!

Looking for more friends to support to and also to be supported. Send me a request if you like :)

Take care and good luck! x
  • pinkpumpedupkickz
    pinkpumpedupkickz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My hubby is a contractor; he has been gone 9months, is home for r&r now and is going back for another 6-12 months in about a week. I have three kiddos (7,5 and 1) and my goal is to be within a healthy bmi range... that means anywhere from 40-60lbs. My ultimate goal is 135, but at 5'8" I'll settle for 160. (the higher end of my bmi range). Good luck to you!