Anyone else 80/10/10?

Options
Hi everyone! I'm not new here to MFP but I am very new to the 80/10/10 lifestyle and would like encouragement, help, etc from people who have personal experience with this lifestyle.

Please no comments from those that have never embarked on this journey.

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    80% good food, 10% better food, 10% best food?
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Just eat real food that includes healthy fruit and veggies. It is more sustainable and realistic.

Forget the fad diets like this.

Take it from one that lost over 34 pounds and is on the second year of maintenance.
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    No?
  • GetYourFruitOn
    Options
    Obviously, none of you can read... :wink:
  • GetYourFruitOn
    Options
    Obviously, none of you can read... :wink:

Obviously you have no idea what you are doing.

Welcome to the internet.

Your opinion can differ from mine, that's fine. Being flat out rude for no reason is just trolling. I'm sure your mother taught you manners, try using them :)
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I just researched this and saw some sample menus. One of them called for a breakfast of three pounds of cantaloupe followed by a lunch of one pound each of banana and mangos. I'm trying to imagine this.
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I just researched this and saw some sample menus. One of them called for a breakfast of three pounds of cantaloupe followed by a lunch of one pound each of banana and mangos. I'm trying to imagine this.

I would imagine being on the loo all morning after that :noway:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

Good god. Why?!
  • ShengHuo
    ShengHuo Posts: 42
    Options

Well is that cantalope with or without the skin? I imagine a whole cantalope could weigh three pounds. And banana with or without peel? With peel it could be like 2 1/2. And if the mango has the pit, maybe just one...

But seriously cannot imagine eating that...I feel a bit nauseous just thinking about eating that much.
  • TMcChamp
    TMcChamp Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Is this some sort of reverse date of birth?? 10 october 1980?
  • TMcChamp
    TMcChamp Posts: 165 Member
    Options

Well is that cantalope with or without the skin? I imagine a whole cantalope could weigh three pounds. And banana with or without peel? With peel it could be like 2 1/2. And if the mango has the pit, maybe just one...

But seriously cannot imagine eating that...I feel a bit nauseous just thinking about eating that much.

mmm Mango, bring on summer.
  • mummygettingfit
    mummygettingfit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    What is 80/10/10??? Also why have you chosen to do this? (not being rude or anything, just honestly curious)
  • CysterWigs
    CysterWigs Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    What is 80/10/10??? Also why have you chosen to do this? (not being rude or anything, just honestly curious)

It's a raw foods vegan diet that places emphasis on 80% of your calories coming from fruit sugars. There's a sort of militant little guy on YouTube who does this and talks a lot about eating 100 bananas for breakfast every day. I certainly can't speak for non-diabetics, but as someone with T2D, that sounds dreadful.
  • tstarrstamper
    tstarrstamper Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    First off I want to say congratulations for wanting to make a change. And while we may not all agree on one diet specifically..thats okay because everyone is different, and what may work for me may not work for you.

That being said I think you should really look at the health factors involved with this diet. It is one thing to lose weight and embark on a journey, and another to be seriously hurting your nutrition.

So... I am not saying this diet is not for you, but I am saying make sure it's right for your health.
  • LaserMum
    LaserMum Posts: 133
    Options
    It's a raw foods vegan diet that places emphasis on 80% of your calories coming from fruit sugars. There's a sort of militant little guy on YouTube who does this and talks a lot about eating 100 bananas for breakfast every day. I certainly can't speak for non-diabetics, but as someone with T2D, that sounds dreadful.

I guess, if you're eating raw, it saves on the washing up?

Can't think of any other reason to do it!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • idreesAnjum
    Options