Cleansing

Options
How long should a cleansing be done for?
I have never tried it before but I was thinking of doing one before I focus on my real diet

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    We're on a cistern so I try to keep my showers to 5 minutes or less to conserve.

Oh wait, you mean the magical cleanse for the insides that removes all the impurities and toxins? That shouldn't be done at all. Your body is fabulous at cleansing itself. Eat lots of veggies, drink lots of water and whoosh, all the cleansing is done!
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    We're on a cistern so I try to keep my showers to 5 minutes or less to conserve.

Oh wait, you mean the magical cleanse for the insides that removes all the impurities and toxins? That shouldn't be done at all. Your body is fabulous at cleansing itself. Eat lots of veggies, drink lots of water and whoosh, all the cleansing is done!

I agree.

God did good when he created us; our bodies are self-cleansing.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options

I learn a new word everyday. (: "Cistern"
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    A good colon cleanse can take 12 - 18 hours, though there may be residual affects for a day or so after.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Why do you think this would be beneficial? What are you hoping to accomplish?
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    zero amount of time
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVMhS14bRLlTpNXuZlMCX6DcAtv6pkcF9Pa-i8bOxSxs1NlNfp
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Cleansing? Why? And diet? Why a diet? Just start eating well, logging, operating at a calorie deficit etc. And start NOW.
  • jhandur
    jhandur Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I had a really effective cleanse once that purged all the bad stuff from my system and then some. I believe it was called "Food Poisoning". Let me tell you that there is no product out there that is as good at cleaning out your system as your body is.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    How long should a cleansing be done for?
    I have never tried it before but I was thinking of doing one before I focus on my real diet
    Why don't you just ignore the cleanse... since it's really a waste of time and money.

As long as you poop, pee, and have liver/kidneys, you're gonna be just fine.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Skip the cleanse and go for the baby food diet instead. That food is DESIGNED for undeveloped cleansing systems!

PS: NOT SERIOUS
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I've heard you are supposed to lather the soap on your hands long enough to sing "Happy Birthday." And use hot water, for crying out loud.
  • halzuzu
    halzuzu Posts: 60 Member
    Options

This made me laugh so hard I almost did blow my colon :laugh:
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Can we just fast forward this thread 3 pages to the "why is everyone so mean/rude" part and call it a day?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I take about a 10 minute shower.

I have organs to clean out my insides so no extra cleansing is necessary.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

This made me laugh so hard I almost did blow my colon :laugh:

DITTO!! :laugh:
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Can we just fast forward this thread 3 pages to the "why is everyone so mean/rude" part and call it a day?

OP is male. He won't resort to such histrionics.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

OP is male. He won't resort to such histrionics.
    iRIdFqb.jpg
  • mandymogstad
    Options
    I love everyone's unhelpful answers! I would do a week cleanse of fruits and veggies if you are just trying to reset before you change your lifestyle. There are a lot of good ones online, you just need to find one that works for you.