It's okay to ask...

Options
Our friends went on a cruise and my husband and I babysat their dog while they were gone. She called me last week and said that they wanted to have us over for a grill out to thank us. She said they were having steaks. She knows about my new lifestyle change and I simply asked her if she could throw a piece of chicken on for me. She said no problem. When they were done grilling they brought the plate in and said grab your food. Everyone started asking which steak is mine and I said I know which one is mine and grabbed the chicken sitting in the middle of all the steak. It was delicious and I didn't feel cheated at all. The main thing is she didn't mind and i felt great knowing I stayed on my plan. what a friend!:wink:

Replies

• RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    That's a good friend.
  • Dawn_2013
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder:flowerforyou: If we had an allergy we wouldn't mind saying so...we have to! What a greqat friend to support your lifestyle and we all need more of those!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's completely awesome!!! :happy: Red meat isn't bad for you, either, it's great for you just not all that often...you just have to find lean cuts of it! I LOVE me some steak. Yum!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    All I have to say is you are a good guest to ask ahead of time instead of when the food is on the table! Good job and good friends :drinker:
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    awesome friend! if only it was easier to ask for people to make me something vegetarian....but alas i live in TX :c

great story though! keep up the good work!
  • tesha30
    tesha30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    that was really nice of your friend to do that for you! Its great to have an awesome support group to help keep you on the right track! Good for her for doing that for you and good for you on sticking to your goals!
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm vegen and I recently went to a bbq so I brought marinated portobello mushrooms. I enjoyed my dinner and many of the meat eaters enjoyed some mushrooms too.
  • JustBeckyV
    Options
    That is awesome. There is a guy that always grills brats at work and he will make me chicken sometimes :)
  • labrat26
    labrat26 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Alot of meal making is just habit.... I have one daughter vegetarian, one gluten free, and when I cook, nobody asks anything, EXCEPT...."which one is mine???" No judging what you are eating.....just enjoy.....
  • labrat26
    labrat26 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    by the way.....good for you, sticking to your decision, cause it is not every day that you are that strong.....smile and pat yourself on the back!!!! there will be less of you tomorrow!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Our friends went on a cruise and my husband and I babysat their dog while they were gone. She called me last week and said that they wanted to have us over for a grill out to thank us. She said they were having steaks. She knows about my new lifestyle change and I simply asked her if she could throw a piece of chicken on for me. She said no problem. When they were done grilling they brought the plate in and said grab your food. Everyone started asking which steak is mine and I said I know which one is mine and grabbed the chicken sitting in the middle of all the steak. It was delicious and I didn't feel cheated at all. The main thing is she didn't mind and i felt great knowing I stayed on my plan. what a friend!:wink:

Yes, indeed she is! No arguing, no trying to get you to eat the steak "just this once", no teasing, just unconditional cooking to your wishes. So much easier for you and she didn't mind in the slightest.

Excellent friend!!