has anyone lost weight doing the c25k pictures please

Options
2»

Replies

• schmidtka70
    Options
    only about 9 pounds, but it turned me into a runner- which helped me lose 90.

It TOTALLY works. Its not a weightloss program though- its a 'turn you into a runner so you can run to lose weight/feel great/have some zen' program.

^^^This!
  • v_addison
    v_addison Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I just finished the C25K. I combined the program with other cardio and Zumba but I'd say since I started, I've lost twenty of the seventy pounds by doing that.
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    I don't have any pics, but I'm on week 7 (week 5 took a couple of repeats for me) and I've lost 13 lbs doing just C25K and watching what I eat.
  • CBranson0503
    Options
    I only lost about 5 lbs when I completed the program (I only had 15 left to lose at the time). So it was great, but the best part was that it turned me into a runner. I hated running before and now I feel like a day without going for a run is a day wasted.
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I started my running 'career' 2 years ago with C2K. I was 256 pounds and lost nearly 100 pounds over 18 months. I packed on about 20 extra do to some really bad life decisions, and am recently rededicated to getting back to 160.
  • debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Bump. I'm just started Week 1 this week.. add me if you would like support and will give me support as well!
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    I just struggle to get into it, so I'm just winging it and "learning" to run on my own, so no pics from me.

But, I do know people who have lost weight on it - most of them around 30 pounds. LOTS of inches, though. :)

Good luck!
  • ebonaskavi
    ebonaskavi Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Bump

I just finished week 1. I like it so far, it feels doable.
  • GibsonDarlin
    GibsonDarlin Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    only about 9 pounds, but it turned me into a runner- which helped me lose 90.

It TOTALLY works. Its not a weightloss program though- its a 'turn you into a runner so you can run to lose weight/feel great/have some zen' program.

What she said - you are training so you can be run - longer, faster and then loose weight.
    I have to add to my cardio time to make up the difference, count it as a bonus workout but not your main one,
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Since you wanted to see pics, here is the last progress collage I put together (sadly, it's still representative of where I am today, but that's a whole other story).

When I decided to get serious about running, I started with C25K and running continues to be a staple in my workouts.

August2011-3.jpg
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

I had already lost most of my weight before starting C25K. But I totally agree with this ^^. Also, for me, after a few months of running, but not strength training, I felt like my muscles were starting to go "soft." Once I reintroduced strength training and kept running, I felt like everything was better balanced. Now, I run once a week and strength train twice a week. Throw in some yoga and/or swimming too. Everything in moderation!
  • abeja11
    abeja11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im about to start doing it, but I'm hesitant if this is a good weight loss training for me, I only want to lose aprox 20 pounds. Any opinions?
    thanks
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Yep! And lots of added walking & calorie counting:

IMG_1293354x640.jpg

0e07dcb3-4e17-4cdd-ad5c-27f6b8c01d63_zps3bb17a88.jpg

33640x640_zps4311b810.jpg
  • BadassCrossfitMama
    BadassCrossfitMama Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    d95bbbe7-83b5-4fd0-83f3-41760f43f42c_zps3c8e8882.jpg

I finished c25k and am now doing my own running intervals and walking, some weight training. I've lost 13lbs in 40days so far doing this. Photo shows 30lbs from left to right.
  • donsun51
    donsun51 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My profile pic is my before and after. I went from 358 to 326 doing c25k as well as eating healthy.
  • saroknight
    saroknight Posts: 19
    Options
    Ahh I really can't say enough great things about c25k! I remember the very first day I ran day1week1 I thought I was going to pass out. I could barely breath and was incredibly sore for the days to follow - had to wait four days before I could run day2week1. However after just a couple weeks I started to notice an incredible difference in my endurance and the overall strength of my body. I finished the c25k app in three months and I continue to run now. This program aided in my weight loss and continues to as I still go for runs whenever I can fit them in usually ranging from 3-5km at a time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!