Healthy Desserts

Options
We are celebrating my dads 51st birthday on 9/11 and i was asked to bring a dessert. Does anyone know of a Healthy Dessert that can feed about 20+ people. Thanks

Replies

• christinafpdx
    Options
    A big fruit salad? I put ginger, mint, and lime in mine to jazz it up.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Slice up some fresh strawberries, a couple tubs of Cool Whip Free and get some fat free Angel Food Cakes or make some cakes using the diet soda method (you just add diet soda as the only ingredient to the mix).

Yes, it's a bit sugary... but, hey! It's dessert! Just keep it light and enjoy some sweets!
  • jameskirkbride
    Options
    meringue is quite good as deserts go! it is super sweet so you don't feel cheated but, it is LOW FAT! I know there are lots of carbs in them, but as deserts go they have no cholesteral & stodge like other desserts, teamed up with christinafpdx's Fruit salad thats a real winner!!

and you could make a summer fruit gratin, to go with the whole thing, it is basically like a sorbet but way easy!
    Just juice your fruit, freeze the juice & then scrape the frozen juice up with a fork so you get a fruity frosty slush (like a snow cone)
  • browneyesbb89
    browneyesbb89 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Speaking of fruit salad, my favorite is:

1 can peach pie filling
    and add as many of strawberries, bananas, mandrin oranges, and pineapple chunks as you want. Dip the bananas in the pineapple juice and drain. You can actually add almost any fruit. But this combo is my favorite and the peach pie filling is a nice surprise.