Acne

Options
I wasn't sure where to put this post but....I just started seriously watching what I eat and exercising (since last 4 weeks). I am 39 years and thought zits were in the past but come on!
I have been broken out for the last three weeks like a 16 year old. It has gotten pretty bad, especially all over my neck. It is on my face and chest but nothing like my neck.
Is it possible that it is related to sweating? or maybe changes in my diet?
I am at a loose. I went out and bought acne meds for the first time in years and years.
I also use a facial cleanser, toner and moisturizer that I have used for the last year or so. No changes in detergents, soap, lotions, nothing.

Help me please!

Replies

• lslough
    lslough Posts: 32
    Options
    I wasn't sure where to put this post but....I just started seriously watching what I eat and exercising (since last 4 weeks). I am 39 years and thought zits were in the past but come on!
    I have been broken out for the last three weeks like a 16 year old. It has gotten pretty bad, especially all over my neck. It is on my face and chest but nothing like my neck.
    Is it possible that it is related to sweating? or maybe changes in my diet?
    I am at a loose. I went out and bought acne meds for the first time in years and years.
    I also use a facial cleanser, toner and moisturizer that I have used for the last year or so. No changes in detergents, soap, lotions, nothing.

Help me please!
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    I think its more diet related, i know it happens as the body releases toxins, it is faily comman when a change to healthy eating accures, try and rife it out but if it continues for longer than a month, seek medical advice.
  • strongmom
    strongmom Posts: 72
    Options
    All I can say is that my body rebeled a bit when I cut my calories....so maybe this is your body getting used to the changes you have made. it could be the sweating, but I would hold off on acne meds and see what happens over the next few weeks...don't aggrevate the problem with harsh chemicals...
    Good luck!!
  • lslough
    lslough Posts: 32
    Options
    thanks for the advice