NEED Breakfast ideas......Please :)

Options
2»

Replies

• Majda1234_wechange
    Majda1234_wechange Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I understand you completely, fulfilling breakfast is something you definitely need, well i do. What i usually have is either tuna in water since it is low in calories but keeps you full for a long time with some low cal but whole grain bread, a tomato onion salad, maybe some eggs and a lot ( around 400 grams) of really low fat cheese.So it doesn't add up on calories, i take around 200 grams of tuna which is about 200 calories, the bread i use is super low cal, it is called tonus and i take about 4 pieces which is not even 200 calories, a tomato and onion are probably not even 50 and cheese is only 50 calories per 100 grams so that is around 200 and it all adds p to 600-700 but trust me keeps you full for a really long time, not to mention it is super healthy.
  • kwennerholm
    kwennerholm Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I mix greek yogurt, strawberries, and some kind of crunchy cereal ( I like kroger bran flakes). Each bite is creamy, sweet, and crunchy!
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    40g McCann's irish oatmeal
    snack pack size no sugar added applesauce
    70g blueberries
    several shakes cinnamon
    couple shakes nutmeg
    splash of vanilla
    3 applesauce containers of water
    zap three minutes

If I start to lag before lunch, I will have a hardboiled egg, or 100 calories worth of walnuts and almonds.

I've lost 55 pounds...
  • angelataylorneal
    angelataylorneal Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like either whole wheat toast with almond butter, think thin bars, cheerios, Chobani Greek Yogurt or Erin Bakers breakfast cookies. Along with my sugar free iced coffee, I try to keep it around 400 calories:smooched:
  • nwatrous
    nwatrous Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been eating avocado toast. Half an avocado mashed onto a piece of wheat toast with a little salt and pepper. It holds me over all morning.
  • garbagedog
    garbagedog Posts: 31
    Options
    You go 3-4 hours?! I usually have a lighter breakfast (2 plain scrambled eggs, or SugarFreeSheila.com's faux pancakes) and then have a 90-calorie or Atkins bar with a glass of water at about the 2-hour mark. I would suffer if I had to go between breakfast and lunch to eat again, so I just don't do it. Same thing for lunch to dinner. I have a light afternoon snack (15-20 almonds or another bar) at around 3 or 3:30. A piece of fruit works, too. Always with a full glass of water.

Good luck. Hope it works for you!
  • Bigjuicyhog
    Bigjuicyhog Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Make oatmeal. Add artificial sweetener and pumpkin spice. Have some strawberries on the side.
  • tarap24801
    Options
    My current favorite is an adult version of the BREAKFAST PIZZA: 1/2 an english muffin, most of a sliced roma tomato on top, then add some torn fresh basil and 1/2 slice of reduced fat provolone on top, throw in toaster oven for a few minutes. While you are waiting pour yourself a glass of skim milk and fry up an egg. Feels like such a fancy breakfast to me, lol! Sometimes I add some oregano on top of the cheese or garlic.

I have a basil plant growing next to my sink all summer, just picked it up one day at the grocery store instead of buying the clipped version. I don't have a green thumb, but may give an herb garden a try. Good luck on your pursuit of new breakfast items :)
  • nolanerinbryon
    nolanerinbryon Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I usually have greek yogurt and turkey sausage right after my early morning workout and then mid- morning (9:30-11 or so) I snack on a little fruit before lunch. Jimmy Dean turkey sausage is quite good. The heavy protein sticks with me...I definitely agree on oatmeal but I enjoy that more in the cooler months (which is a real treat when you add some crushed pecans, walnuts or hazelnuts in it...). Have fun trying all your new ideas!
  • wakullaroz
    Options
    I usually eat yogurt for breakfast and sometimes I use it as a base to make a smoothie with additional fruit. One smoothie almost takes up my sugar allotment for the day. There is some sugar present in the salad veggies in small amounts, such as red peppers, which adds to it. Every single day I go over my sugar. I am not drinking soda or eating candy so what's up with the sugar numbers?
    Keeping away from the processed carbs too.

Anyone have any other breakfast ideas? I sometimes have eggs, but if I have eggs for breakfast and a chicken breast for dinner, I'm over on the protein!

Another issue is when I don't have enough calories for the day - what can I eat? Sometimes I try some nuts, but fruit is out of the question at night because of the sugar.

P.S. I hate oatmeal.
  • wakullaroz
    Options
    That sounds good (the avacado on toast.)
  • marcelle973
    Options
    Who ever said breakfast had to consist of "breakfast foods". If you wake in the morning knowing you are already thinking abut your lunch, eat your lunch for breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal to eat and the meal you have the longest time to burn off those calories through the day. Just mix it up, it helps to keep your metabolism confused so it works harder and burns those calories. Good Luck.