Body Reset....anyone?

7 days ago I started the Harley Pasternick Body Reset diet. A friend of mine was successful in losing 10lbs from this diet, and helped keep her on the right track and keep the weight off for over a month once she had completed it.
I'm not overweight by any means, but I'm extremely unhappy with how I look and feel in a bikini and even in my clothes right now. I'm 5'7 and was weighing in at 146-148lbs on July 7th. I hold ALL of my weight in my face and stomach, no where else. So having all of the fat in my tummy is not a good look for me :(

Since starting this diet 7 days ago, I have lost 3lbs. Not going to lie, it has been a struggle and a half.
I'm a sucker for fast food. I'm a sucker for a cold beer on a patio. I have the willpower the size of a peanut. I had tried hitting the gym 5 days a week, drinking a lot of water etc, and have not noticed any drop in weight period. My eating habits were also horrendous. I would end up binge eating on the weekends as a "This won't really hurt me if I eat it, and besides I will go to the gym on Monday anyways"
Stepping on the scale last Sunday and seeing my weight at my heaviest, I knew I had to take charge and amp up my willpower. And I've done just that. I can actually be proud of my accomplishments. Not just with the 3lbs lost so far (8 days to go on the diet), but the willpower I have magically gained is unbelievable.

However, I've entered into phase II of the diet, and I'm introducing one meal a day back into my diet. I'm worried that eating a solid meal is going to prompt my body to regain everything I just lost (not like it's a lot, but maybe that is why). I know this is probably a very unhealthy way of thinking, and that kind of scares me. The last thing I want to do is develop an eating disorder.
I am just wondering if anyone else out there has tried the diet and was successful once it was completed?

I haven't been following the 10,000 steps to a T. But I am going to start back at the gym today to hopefully start seeing some more results before the diet is complete.

Any success stories, or help regarding this lifestyle change would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    A friend of mine was successful in losing 10lbs from this diet, and helped keep her on the right track and keep the weight off for over a month once she had completed it.

Did she keep the weight off after the month? Just eat at a deficit. It takes less willpower than following a restrictive diet. And you'll never have to worry about what to do after, because it is a lifestyle change - not a temporary fix.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    A friend of mine was successful in losing 10lbs from this diet, and helped keep her on the right track and keep the weight off for over a month once she had completed it.

Did she keep the weight off after the month? Just eat at a deficit. It takes less willpower than following a restrictive diet. And you'll never have to worry about what to do after, because it is a lifestyle change - not a temporary fix.
  • alisonmarie85
    alisonmarie85 Posts: 55 Member
    Yes, it's been quite a few months now and she has adopted eating healthier thanks to the recipes in the book.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member

pretty much this. deficit = loss.
  • zytah
    zytah Posts: 153
    that sounds like the same program he used for his "swimsuit ready in 20 days" segment on the revolution before it got canned. 5 small meals a day, week 1 was blended food only (soup, dip or smoothie), week 2 reintroduce and replace 1 meal with solid food, week 3 reintroduce 1 more meal, etc.

i tried the diet. walked 10,000 steps a day, did his workout routines, ate his recipe suggestions. i did lose around 15 lbs on the diet but after the 20 days i got lazy and put the weight back on. personally i just wasnt dedicated enough to keep going and the food was just hit or miss for me. i was also unhappy and mean thruout the entire process.

this time around im actually seeing better results than when i was on the previous diet. no gimmicks. no change in what i eat foodwise, just portion control and eating at a deficit. im happier now and the weight ive lost is now staying off.
  • alisonmarie85
    alisonmarie85 Posts: 55 Member
    Everyone keeps saying "eat at a deficit" however, I'm at 1200 calories already. Is this not the bare minimum a female should be eating a day?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Everyone keeps saying "eat at a deficit" however, I'm at 1200 calories already. Is this not the bare minimum a female should be eating a day?
    go back and change the settings from "2lbs" and "sedentary" to what you're really doing or should be. Set it to .5 or 1lb loss per week.
  • zytah
    zytah Posts: 153

so people say. eating 1200 calories made me a very sad and angry panda bear. personally i dont believe anyone should eat 1200 calories or under but to each their own.
    go back and change the settings from "2lbs" and "sedentary" to what you're really doing or should be. Set it to .5 or 1lb loss per week.

i agree with this.

**for the record since I cant edit my previous post, this time around is by the mfp way, not the harley pasternak way.**
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Why not just make the change once and for all to eating healthy most of the time and moving more doing things that you like to do? If the really fast fixes worked, there would be no need for MFP.

For your sanity, start doing things to get healthy. As a woman, I also am working on accepting that my body will never be "perfect". I have to embrace my good stuff and make the best of things I don't like. Some things you can't change. Best of luck!