Baby weight !!

Options
Hey All I'm new here..

My little man is almost 4 months old & I've decided I seriously need to do something about my jelly belly!! Oh and my massive legs that have got even bigger since pregnancy :(

Anyway I'm no good at exercise so I need a bit of a boost! I've had a quick look at the 30 day shred on youtube level 1 of course & it looks mega hard but I'm more than willing to give it a go..

I'm also trying to eat as healthy as possible I've always been a junk eater so it's rather difficult for me but today so far I've had a bowl of bran flakes with semi skinned milk & a ham salad roll & a number of glasses of water :)

Any tips or tricks would be fab!!

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Just please make sure you're getting an adequate number of calories if you're breastfeeding. :flowerforyou:

Good luck!
  • Megthatgirl
    Megthatgirl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I lost 80 lbs before I got pregnant, and my little booger is 6 weeks this Wednesday so I started my diet and workouts again today.
    I have 60 to lose to be at my ultimate goal.

What I did was calorie count, Drink half my weight in ounces of water, and cut out majority of processed foods/Sweet tea and soda... Steamed veggies and grilled chicken are go-to meals for me.

Cardio is super important, but so is weight training. The more muscle you have, the more fat you will burn when you work out!

Good luck, and congrats on your little one!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great motivation with your baby only 4 months! I think when my son was four months I was still in the "I just had a baby and I'll eat what I want" phase :ohwell:

My suggestion would be to try something you think you can maintain on the long term or something you don't have to maintain on the long term --- so, maybe taking the stroller and committing to walking (or doing the Couch to 5K program and running) as a long term forn of doable exercise with or without the baby, or, like you mentioned, a 30 day program. If you are not a fan after 30 days you do something else! I found diving head long into something with an infant was hard, hard...... HARD! Many, many kudos to you.

My son is 13 months now and I am still running after completing C25K a few months ago. He doesn't love the stroller, but a few Ritz crackers and we can do 3 miles no problem :happy:
  • KRB28
    KRB28 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi :) My little guy will be 6 months on the 26th! I just started back up last Thursday. Feel free to add me if you like!
  • ukredhead19
    ukredhead19 Posts: 176
    Options
    Way to go...you guys are so motivated. My littlest one turns 1 on this Friday....so I just started back up the weight loss in on July1...i figured I was running out of excuses since she started walking, ha! I still have the baby weight from my first kid 4 years ago! I've got about 65 lbs to get to my ultimate goal. Feel free to add me!
  • ukredhead19
    ukredhead19 Posts: 176
    Options
    Just please make sure you're getting an adequate number of calories if you're breastfeeding. :flowerforyou:

Good luck!

Agreed...I tried to start dieting while still BF'ing and my milk supply took a big hit. I added BF as a cardio workout and made sure to eat the calories which helped.
  • sarajeanelles
    sarajeanelles Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My LO is 14 months old now and I finally got back into the gym about 3 months ago. Once they are able to sit up on their own you could think about joining a gym with a daycare. I go to body plex and my daughter loves the kids plex there and it allows me to do weights and a cardio class, I also found that I am much more motivated when I have a set schedule so that I don't put off my work out. If I know spin class is at 9 then I have to get up and get moving or I miss it, when I was doing it on my own I would delay my workout and then get busy doing something with her and a lot of times it would not get done. I would also recommend the couch to 5 K program, it's great for beginners and you can do it with your LO in a stroller.
  • dream_to_skinny
    dream_to_skinny Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I have 2 bubbas, one 2 and a half year old and one 9 month old. I have "almost" lost all my baby weight and have set myself new weight goals. Add me for motivation, my diary is open so you can see what I'm scoffing and I'm always on myfitnesspal :)
  • patsimmon88
    Options
    haha, my goal is to lose my baby weight too. Unfortunately is 10 years old. But I will do it! Drink lots of water,log everything and any kind of exercise helps! Even a walk around the block.
  • rebeccamalcolm140
    Options
    My little one is 15 now. 15 YEARS, not months, and I finally lost all my baby weight these last 3 months. It took 3 months to do what I cried about for 15 years. Good luck! You can do it.