Snacks

Options
I'm a snack kinda girl, anyone have some healthy snack ideas?

Replies

• UpstateK8
    UpstateK8 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am a snacker too! Right now at my desk I have 100 calorie packs of almonds (think there are 15 almonds in a serving), but let me tell you, they definitnely help me feel full),
    I also am prone to grab Popcorn, oranges, apples, bananas, peanut butter & crackers, slices of turkey deli meat, pretzels, whatever left over morning fruit I've cut up (cantalope, blueberries, strawberries, etc). The key for me is pre-portioning, and then in the morning grabbing what looks good. If you like bananas, I also like to peel one in the morning, wrap in foil and place in freezer. At night when you un wrap it & let it warm up a little, it's got the consistency of ice cream. Drizzle a little chocolate sauce (or plain is great too), voila!...super tasty dessert. Looking forward to see what others suggest!
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Pita chips and hummus, nuts, turkey jerky, fruit, raw veggies with dip, string cheese, greek yogurt
  • Kaymegan90
    Kaymegan90 Posts: 35
    Options
    My favorite right now is a mix of cashews and raisins - awesome.

Hummus and bananas are a go to for me, as well. Not together. :)
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Any and all fresh fruit
    Any and all fresh vegetables
    Dried fruit
    Pop chips
    Yogurt
    Cottage cheese
    String cheese
    Almond/craisin mix (I hate raisins)
    Wasabi peas (mmmm, good stuff, I get them at Shop Rite)
    Hummus
    Whatever the heck else that I want, but in moderation. Heck, I had Doritos last night. Pepperoni in the morning.

My diary is open, I log every day, feel free to take a look.
  • mnestle
    mnestle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I portion out 100 calorie packs and keep them at my desk, in my car, and at home. Anything from crackers to dark chocolate acia-bluberries.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Chobani greek yogurt, apples, carrots, almonds and recently a lot of Nature Valley Protein Chewy Bars (I know they are not super healthy, but way better than candy).
  • missdamman
    missdamman Posts: 44
    Options
    yum, I love bananas and I love peanut butter lol.

I have tried hummus and I cant get over the texture, Im a bigggg texture person. That is why I cant eat fish :(
  • RebeccaHite
    RebeccaHite Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Beef Jerky:smile:
  • alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    String cheese
    Mixed Nuts
    Kettle Corn 100 cal bags (I love these individual servings!!)
    Sugar Snap Peas
    Chocolate Milk
    Mixed Berries
    Apple slices w/ cheese or peanut butter
    Graham crackers
    Half a plain bagel
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit or vegetables.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    String cheese
    fruit (bananas, strawberries, watermelon etc.)
    carrots with light ranch dip
    100 calorie bags of popcorn
    mixed nuts
    Brownie Brittle (sold at Costco, 120 calories for 6 large squares)
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Snacker here as well. Everyday (my mainstay for breakfast) I make popcorn in the air-popper! Spray w/ SmartBalance and sprinkle w/Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime, Oh My Gosh it's AWESOME!! I work 3rd shift and when I get home I'm hungry & air-pop popcorn does it for me, just enough to fill me up w/out adding a lot of calories :happy: :smile:
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Bump to save the ideas :)

Fruit is great- it adds some sugar but coating the cut fruit in a bit of apple juice actually helps keep them from getting brown (apples and pears, haven't tried with others but I'm assuming its the same?).

Otherwise, I would have pop corn or those 100 cal snack packs. I'm all for whatever's easy to do at work, which is where I would snack (if I do).
  • missdamman
    missdamman Posts: 44
    Options
    ok so what about peanut butter.... what kind is the healthiest? or is almond butter better? I need help in the grocery department... besides fresh & frozen fruits i don't know what to buy.... especially meats! I definitely don't do fish!
  • JuliaS888
    JuliaS888 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My favourite at the moment while it's summer is home-made ice lollies... blend together 0% Greek Yoghurt, mint, strawberries and lime juice and pour into freezer moulds. If you make loads at once it's worth the mess and only comes to 70 calories :)
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Hummus and celery..
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm a snacker too. As a matter of fact, I usually eat something every 2 hours or so. My list is:

Greek yogurt
    Cal Natural protein shake
    chicken breast
    grape tomatoes
    baby carrots
    pirate booty (if I am craving salt)
    almonds
  • Kaseywillis79
    Options
    Almond butter is better than a jar of peanut butter b/c of the sugar factor.

Additional snack ideas:
    1. Smoothie (1-1.5 cups of vanilla unsweetened almond milk, a frozen banana (ripe/don't forget to peel before freezing), a tablespoon of almond butter, add cinnamon & cocoa powder for taste)
    2. I love dill pickles and string cheese together
    3. Almond butter and celery w/ dried cranberry - 'ants on a log'
  • alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    Just go for any natural nut butter that doesn't have all the added sugars/oils - some stores actually have a place in the bulk food sections where you can grind your own. It'll separate when on the shelf, but stirring it up with a spoon or knife before eating is (in my opinion) much preferable to eating all the extra crap they throw in most commercial brands. (I like the taste/texture better of natural peanut butter, too!)

I can't help too much with the meat since I primarily eat eggs/fish (and bacon!). =P
  • amraf1024
    amraf1024 Posts: 74
    Options
    I'm in lovvvveeee with skinny cow snack they have yummy chocolate bars and ice creams, also Special K makes some pretty darn good snaks too...love the chips when in a snacky moo. Quaker makes popped chips like rice cake types always a nice crunch snack...

Then u have ur norms veggies, nuts, cheese stick

Low cal ranch don't know till u try ill have no idea how u can't take the difference

1/4 cup water
    1 cup cottage cheese I like 4%
    Then 2-3 tbsp of ranch powder I use Kraft thick n creamy

1/4 cup 52 cal...n that's a ton of ranch! I know I through cottage cheese...ummm no but seriously can't tell...my nieces gobble it down like crazy n they refuse to eat cottage cheese lol