What keeps you motivated to work out?

Options
I am struggling to stay motivated to work out. Ugh. Can you tell me what keeps you motivated to keep working out.

Replies

• Mepheston
    Mepheston Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I take off my shirt and look in the mirror, that's more than enough to remind me why I need to work out. :-)
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    how great i feel. and not wanting to go back to not fitting into my clothes. better health.
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I go to two Zumba class's each week and I LOVE them! Such a challenge but soooooo much fun!!! =)

The idea of going and having a party & Dancing around gets me motivated... without the hangover!!!
  • kgalea
    kgalea Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Knowing how good I feel after I get a good workout in.
    Knowing that I am keeping myself healthy so I can face any challenge/be around to see my kids grow up.
    The way I feel when I am at a healthy weight/in better physical condition (not just skinny) = my clothes fit, I feel strong...
    Knowing I am setting a good example for my kids - especially my daughter.
    Being able to have a little extra food if I choose to do so... :)
  • ldkalleck
    ldkalleck Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    As a stay at home mom and a full time student, I get super tired. All the motivation I need is knowing that I'm going to have a super energy boost as soon as I get on my treadmill.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I get motivated by knowing the struggle is just to get started working out.. once I'm working out, I always feels good and I know I'm doing good.. fight through the lack of desire to start, it's only a few minutes of feeling yucky, to get that exercise high. :)
  • nikiswimr
    nikiswimr Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I agree, how great I feel. I might not feel fantastic immediately if I'm just getting back into it, but once it gets going I really do feel better in every way, so I just hold on to that and keep going. Good luck!
  • Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    Because I always feel better physically and mentally when I'm done. Also lost 80 lbs about 6 years ago and even though I've had my ups and downs (need to lose about 25 right now), I have never (even during two pregnancies) returned to my original weight. Even if I don't eat right, I see benefits from continuing with it. It's helped me fight depression, stress and anxiety. I could go on, but I think you get the point. lol : ) Good luck and hang in there!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Dating a girl who runs half marathons, and is at the gym 6 days a week :laugh:
  • sanrog
    Options
    Walking everyday makes me feel so energetic I really am starting to love it. I am also motivated to walk because I have more calories to eat if I want to.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I'm into my calorie deficit at the moment. The more exercise I do, the more deficit I see, which in turns means I'm losing fat, fat and more fat!

And that is why we're here? :flowerforyou:
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I am struggling to stay motivated to work out. Ugh. Can you tell me what keeps you motivated to keep working out.

Health, vanity, aging gracefully, energy, sleeping better at night. And if all that fails, I just look at myself in the mirror and I run toward the gym
  • geekyjen
    geekyjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    A schedule really helps me (alternating weight training and cardio, and cycling the weight training through arms, chest/back, core, legs). Also having workout buddies who use me to motivate to get to the gym keeps me going.
    Some days I dress in gym clothes and then I feel silly if I don't go to the gym =)