Home workout, specific requirements - please advise

Options
Hello everyone,

Let me start with a fact. I'm not doing regular exercises at all. I'm 28yo and working full time, and I sometimes cycle to work (about 15min) but thats all I do for any exercise. For my 189 cm (6' 2.4") I weigh 83kg (183 lbs).

Now my aim is to get a nice belly because I have excess fat there. In order to get a nice six pack at some point I need to lose the fat above it I suppose. For that I would need to do cardio exercises to burn calories.
Thats all fine.

My problem though is every time I start doing regular exercises I feel bored. My mind feel bored. Which makes me pretty unmotivated. I tried listening to some music or even some stand up comedy but its still not the best. The best would be to be able to watch some movies/series while I'm doing the exercise because that would keep me entertained and distracted while I'm actually burning off the fat.

So here is why I came here. Can you suggest me a cardio workout that would work this way?

It could be with or without equipment. (preferably with not too large equipment though). I would do it on a regular basis (even daily) but I don't really want to waste more than 30-40min a day for it.
I was thinking maybe along the lines of a home bicycle or something like that. But probably you may know better or faster ways to do it.

Can you please help me with this dilemma?

Thanks for any answers in advance!

Balint

Replies

• kiradr
    kiradr Posts: 3
    Options
    It seems as though you may get bored from just cycling on an indoor bike. I think you should do circuit exercises, maybe 3-4 different activities over the course of 40 min and to keep you interested you should switch up the 3-4 activities that you would do for 40 min weekly. Also try riding a bike in different areas, so that you have fresh things to look at and new paths to explore
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    My elliptical machine is in front of the TV. Put on a great movie like "Avatar" or "The Lord of the Rings", and the time will fly.
  • Blessedbythebest1
    Blessedbythebest1 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    TURBO FIRE! Great music and LOTS OF FUN with Greeat results! I don't believe in reading, watching tv, etc why doing exercise I'm focusing on burning fat! But that's just me...
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    If you have a wii or xbox kinect:

EA Sports Active 2 - Circuit Training (programs consist of 4 workouts a week and it mixes up the routine each time)
    Dance Games - I love dance games. I can't stand to run on a treadmill for 40 mins, but I can do 40 mins of dancing without getting bored.

Youtube videos for workouts, I'm sure you kind find a great variety on youtube.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    While working out to watching tv is a much better alternative than sitting on the couch, I would advise you to consider taking a half hour and pushing yourself all out, rather than two hours at a leisurely pace.

Now I realize that this is assuming it will be a leisurely pace... but (speaking from experience), if I am watching TV or something like that, unless I am on a treadmill driving my intensity at a set pace, I automatically ease off the intensity because my concentration is elsewhere.

Are you determined / disciplined enough to push yourself hard on your own, or do you need the "peer pressure" of a group?

A half hour full out will let you get on with your day a lot quicker.

BUUUUUUUT... if you are a tv watcher, then being active while doing so would never hurt.

(did I waffle enough there for you? lol)