• doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    this sounds good! thanks :D
  • Narcissus112
    Options
    Thanks a bunch! ^_^

Your post gave me inspiration.

I browned some lean hamburger meat up and then added taco seasoning.
    I prepared some macaroni from a box of macaroni and cheese, but then added non-fat sour cream to the cheese powder instead of butter and milk. Then I folded in the ground beef and macaroni into the cheese sauce. Was delicious!
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Has anyone made thus ( or similar) without the meat? Looking for tasty meatless recipes from time to time ( not a vegetarian but I links to eat bean based meals every now and then)
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Has anyone made thus ( or similar) without the meat? Looking for tasty meatless recipes from time to time ( not a vegetarian but I links to eat bean based meals every now and then)

You could always use the morning star ground non-meat. That's a pretty good substitute. I think it would come out ok with just the sauce and veggies though to be honest.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I would probably leave out the butter when making this, but it sounds amazing!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    yes this sounds amazing
    I would us e the ground turkey
    and low fat versions of the othere stuff but that's jjust me
    thanks for posting
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

You could always use the morning star ground non-meat. That's a pretty good substitute. I think it would come out ok with just the sauce and veggies though to be honest.
    thanks I'll ttry it with the veggies and beans ( not a fan of the fake meat products)
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    So I made the Taco Mac last night. Husband and I both really liked it, and I came in under my calorie goal for the day. Next time I'll probably add some chopped bell and jalapeno peppers and maybe some fresh tomatoes. You could also easily hide grated zucchini and/or carrots in this recipe.

Great recipe!

Glad you enjoyed it!
    and awesome suggestion! I will have to play a little!
  • Barbarakottke
    Options
    What about...macaroni,petite diced tomatoes,lean ground beef or turkey or venison,taco seasoning with a little water,serve in a bowl then just sprinkle low fat shredded cheese on top? It's all I got.
  • hillarysheets
    hillarysheets Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    When I lived in western North Carolina we made what we called Rocky Tacos - make your taco meat using 1/2 ground beef and halk sausage for a little more of a kick, then put the mixture over lettuce and Fritos.

I bet the calorie count wouldn't be that high if you lose the macaroni and Fritos and just put the taco meat mixture over some lettuce and tomatoes.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good! I will have to try this
  • allalreadytaken
    Options
    Bump
  • blueeyez1727
    blueeyez1727 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Did my version of this last night: 1 lb ground turkey, 1 seasoning packet (low sodium), 1 box smart taste elbows, 1 8oz can tomato sauce, 1/2C fat free sour cream, 1 can rotel (drained), and about 3 oz of 50% cabot sharp cheddar. SO GOOD!! 6 servings brought it to 414 cals and 13g fat

omm nom nom
  • frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    bump