Heart Rate Monitor

Options
I have been reading lots of people having heart rate monitors. What exactly is it and where do you wear it. I am thinking on the arm close to your heart. Does it tell you how many calories you burn what? Please give me all the information you can and where even if on line should I buy one. Or should I buy one?

I am 39 years old. I am an assistant manager at Little Caesers. I work a lot of 10 hours shifts with maybe a 1/2 hour break in there. I am moving and on my feet for 91/2 hours a day. But I don't count any of my calories as I have no clue what I am burning. (this is where the heart rate monitor was suggested) Should I be adding my working as exercise?

Thank you ahead of time for all your help. Love this site for that reason. Well and the fact that it is FREE!

Replies

• ejoh40509
    ejoh40509 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Swoopette,

I bet your days can be very long :yawn: I purchased not long ago a HRM ( Polar F7 w/ chest strap) and I like it alot. Now, when I was in the market to purchase one I did the same as you, I came to my MFP friends for suggestions (that's how I knew it had to be a Polar). I checked online as I do most of the time to try and get a running price, then I checked around my area and found one that I felt was kinda price reasonable w/ the bennies I wanted. You very well may find one online for a cheap price, but I was kinda leery about it, because if something happened to it then what . So, I purchased mine from ****'s Sporting Goods for about $100.00. Whatever HRM you purchase just make sure it has the strap (for accurate reading). Depending on the one you get it's pretty self explanatory as far as what to put in such as weight and age. HRM's count your calories burned, your heart rate, fat burn and fitness burn with a touch of a button on the watch that comes with it which display your readings. A HRM is a great investment if you are watching your fitness levels and calorie burn. So,make sure you get the one that works for your fitness needs. Have anymore questions feel free to ask :happy: