Have you ever been hurt???

Options
This time tomorrow night I will not have this ginormousssss cast on my arm :smile: Comes off at noon tomorrow. Wish I could say I broke it but I did'nt I tore my tricep off my arm, oh yeah yeah the tendon too ( bike crash) they literally sewed me back tigether like a rag doll, lol.... This is the 3rd time and hopefully last in my life I've ever been hurt like this. In 89 I broke my back L-5, then in 02 I broke my neck C-7 at the T-1. Yeah I'm 48 but still do my own stunts!!! lol... Think I'm looking to add new friends who have their own comeback stories, and even if you have'nt crashed, smashed or thrashed your body but are a good person, plz say hi :smile: P.T. starts tomorrrow and recovery is expected to be 6-9 months. I made a video for YouTube tonight to start my journey. Sorry for any misspells I'm one handed here........

Replies

• DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I'm hoping to have my foot out of this cast by Wednesday. I haven't exercised in 8 weeks. :-(
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Broke a ankle years ago, Mine was'nt that bad though, only cast up 3 weeks. Yeah hobbling is not much fun either.. lol..
  • irivas1
    irivas1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    So, the Bionic Man is real! WOW! Talk about being a broken man...literally. Broken bones have I none, but a burst aneurysm survived, have I. I am glad to be alive. Just a little short circuited in the brain. I hope all goes well tomorrow and that your journey to recovery be a positive one. Take care.:flowerforyou:
  • 007FatSlayer
    007FatSlayer Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Definitely make sure you do the exercises your physical therapist tells you to do at home. I had knee surgery and didn't do the exercises so my healing time took a lot longer and I never got full extension or flexion back. It's so important to do what they say. I had ACL and meniscus reconstruction...your tricep injury may not be as bad.

Wishing you a successful healing!
  • JBankey
    JBankey Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Well let's see.... I fractured my right forearm/elbow and had to have two surgeries. I tore my rotator cuff. I broke my left clavicle. I shattered my left tibial plateau and broke the end of my femur off and was non weight-bearing for 5 months. So yeah. I have been hurt more than my fair share over 40 years :) sorry that you hurt yourself... get better
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I think for me, it's more where HAVEN'T I been hurt?? LOL

broken elbow (Pins and cast for 3 weeks) at 5 years old
    Broken nose at age 12
    broken leg (both bones in lower leg) at age 28 (currently have 1 plate and 8 pins between both sides of my anke....was on crutches for 8 weeks and PT for another 6)
    Numerous sprained wrists, toes, knees, and ankles at various ages
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Had a labral tear in 2010 that required arthroscopic hip surgery after months of failed PT and Cortisone shots. Spent 7 weeks on crutches and more time in PT.

Summer 2012 I herniated a disc bending over to tie my shoe. Getting old sucks.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I think I've had my fair share as well.
    - In my first motorcycle accident I broke my right wrist (a plate and 8 screws), broke my ankle (1 screw), and strrained my left rotator cuff.
    - In the second one a few years late I dislocated my left thumb and forefinger, broke my left elbow and had a concussion.
    - Jan/Feb of 2012 I had both knees replaced - 5 weeks apart.

I hear you. It sucks and it's gonna be a long haul, but you got this. Your job right now is to do what the Doc's tell you and to get better!

Hang in there!
  • BrotherBill913
    Options
    Had a labral tear in 2010 that required arthroscopic hip surgery after months of failed PT and Cortisone shots. Spent 7 weeks on crutches and more time in PT.

Summer 2012 I herniated a disc bending over to tie my shoe. Getting old sucks.

tying your shoe????? oucchhhhh.......
  • bonkers1224
    bonkers1224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I kicked the scale once and broke my big toe does that count?
  • BrotherBill913
    Options
    I kicked the scale once and broke my big toe does that count?

Bonus points!! I hate scales, they lie.. lol..:smile:
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Oh man, you tore yourself up good!

Was just thinking today that I've had more injuries in my 40's (I'm 45) than in all the years preceding... Broken wrist with titanium plate, disc issues with nerve involvement, some less painful knee and shoulder stuff and most recently a broken big toe. But all of those are because I have been more active in my 40s than any other decade of my life. So I will rejoice. (And sincerely hope I don't break anything else!)
  • JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    This time tomorrow night I will not have this ginormousssss cast on my arm :smile: Comes off at noon tomorrow. Wish I could say I broke it but I did'nt I tore my tricep off my arm, oh yeah yeah the tendon too ( bike crash) they literally sewed me back tigether like a rag doll, lol.... This is the 3rd time and hopefully last in my life I've ever been hurt like this. In 89 I broke my back L-5, then in 02 I broke my neck C-7 at the T-1. Yeah I'm 48 but still do my own stunts!!! lol... Think I'm looking to add new friends who have their own comeback stories, and even if you have'nt crashed, smashed or thrashed your body but are a good person, plz say hi :smile: P.T. starts tomorrrow and recovery is expected to be 6-9 months. I made a video for YouTube tonight to start my journey. Sorry for any misspells I'm one handed here........

Back in March I broke my back and 12 ribs.. this caused me to take a week off all activity, because before I was jogging 5 days a week. Then I started walking 5 miles a day 5 days a week after the car crash because I for one am not going to sit around and do nothing.. this went on for about 2 weeks before I started Jillian Michael's 30ds for 2 months, now I'm getting into heavy weight lifting because I'm training for police work and fitness. I'll send you a friend request. :flowerforyou:
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Does a shattered heart count?
  • hornsofulmo
    Options
    I dislocated my knee two years ago practicing karate and then reinjured it 3 more times in the following year and a half. I still have to wear a brace for it since my kneecap is so badly shaped that i'll always be at risk of dislocating it again.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I've been injured a bunch of times. It's a long story. Broken bones, torn muscles, injured knees, neck/shoulders. Bike accidents, car accidents, dancing injuries, other types of injuries. I was also hit by a car while riding my bike, she continued to drive while I bounced with my head like a basketball across her car and on the road, and she almost ran over my head (literally). She couldn't see well (and wasn't supposed to be driving) and drove right into me. It was a rough road, but I am a dancer. There were times when dealing with the injuries was difficult. But, I am thankful I pulled through it all so well.
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Let's see:

I broke a toe jumping out of a pickup truck.

I broke my left elbow getting thrown off a horse.

I shattered my left shoulder, umm yeah, with help from a horse.

That's about it. And yes, I still have horses and pickup trucks!
  • BrotherBill913
    Options
    Does a shattered heart count?

of course....
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    mine is kinda pathetic... when I lived in a 5th floor walkup in NYC I just had to have a mini trampoline... thought I would do something fancy and on landing broke not 2, not 5 but 8 of my toes. My boyfriend had to carry me down 5 flights which couldn't have been fun :laugh:
  • BrotherBill913
    Options
    Let's see:

I broke a toe jumping out of a pickup truck.

I broke my left elbow getting thrown off a horse.

I shattered my left shoulder, umm yeah, with help from a horse.

That's about it. And yes, I still have horses and pickup trucks!

did all 3 of mine on 2 wheelers, and yes I plan to ride again :) Hopefully :smile: