Are you a breakfast person?

Options
BryKate
BryKate Posts: 74 Member
Just out of interest, do you love a big breakfast or are you someone who can barely stand the sight of food when you wake up? Ever since I was little breakfast has been my favourite meal! I actually feel physically sick if I don't eat in the morning. I remember a few times as a child having to get out the car on the way to school because I hadn't eaten and felt like I was going to throw up!! My brother is the total opposite and can't eat until a minimum of 2 hours after he wakes up but will often go right through til lunch. Always amazes me when we stay in a hotel on vacation and there's the most amazing breakfast buffets and he won't even touch them! So which category do you fall into? Breakfast your best friend or worst enemy?

Replies

• Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    can't eat till 4pm
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I have to have a nice serving of oats or some form of breakfast or my body tries to shut down and i cant function.

Went through a period when i didnt have breakfast for ages. i look back and go what was i thinking :-/
  • heathcliffx
    Options
    I am definitely not a breakfast person but I am trying to change that. Is your brother fit or slightly over weight?
  • mio_amore
    mio_amore Posts: 29
    Options
    I've never been one to eat breakfast since most breakfast foods (except cereal) makes me nauseous. I only drink coffee in the morning and eat later in the day.
  • stephen4232
    stephen4232 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    I have 2 poached eggs on wholemeal toast every morning.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I prefer to skip it. I like to go to sleep full.
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have coffee in the morning, that's all I can stomach
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is a must for me.
  • BryKate
    BryKate Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am definitely not a breakfast person but I am trying to change that. Is your brother fit or slightly over weight?

If anything he's slightly under weights. He's 5ft10 and weighs 10 stone 4 (that's 144Ibs) he just isn't bothered about food. He can go hours without eating. His diet really bugs me because he eats junk just not enough of it so still remains really skinny. So to answe Question question is he fit, no. Is he over weight, definitely no!
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I am!
    For me under 400 calories is being strict! 500 is good for me!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Nope, neither am I a lunch person right now, I power through to around 7:30pm then eat and drink what the hell I like :)
  • Sam3622
    Sam3622 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I always always always have breakfast, but I'm not very creative! I have porridge with a scoop of chocolate protein powder everyday and I look forward to it! So yummy!!
  • LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I wasn't until I starting going to the gym at 630, now I eat after my workouts. I still skip breakfast most weekends though.
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    I'm a breakfast food person... but at what ever time I'm hungry for it, not necessarily at "breakfast time". I also work a crazy rotating swing shift, so my eating habits very day to day...
  • KatieBee8
    KatieBee8 Posts: 61
    Options
    No, I am definitely not a breakfast person. It's the timing of it rather than the typical foods. I never have a big appetite in the morning. But I love cereal and I used to love a full English any other time of the day :tongue:

Saying that, I always try to have something.
  • BeardedMike
    BeardedMike Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I never used to be breakfast person, but I also never used to be a fit person.

Breakfast everyday, muesli and greek yogurt, or an omelette
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    When at work, I don't eat until lunch time usually, unless I feel particularly peckish then I'll have a banana at some point during the morning. At weekends, I can't wait until lunch time to eat, so a little while after getting up I'll have toast or a bacon sandwich.

Yet on holiday or staying in a hotel at any time, I can eat a full English breakfast, no problem!

A very strange pattern :laugh:
  • taniiagirl
    taniiagirl Posts: 47
    Options
    It depends, I normally eat breakfast but if I had a food packed day the next morning the thought of breakfast will turn me sick.
  • Sailfindragon
    Sailfindragon Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Cannot eat in the mornings. So drink protein shake instead.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast and couldn't manage to get through the morning without it. It has to involve coffee though!

When I was at university we got breakfast included in my 1st year in halls, but I rarely ever went, so I wasn't that bothered by it then. I wouldn't pass up a free breakfast now!