Come on People!!!

Options
I've lost 30 pounds. I've gone from a 24 to an 18. Still noone...and I mean NO ONE has noticed. I can understand the people I see everyday at work, okay I'll let them slide. But I saw a few people that I haven't seen since my heaviest weight and nothing. I can't believe it. I was so pumped to see them and when the first thing that came out of their mouth wasn't "OH MY GOSH...LOOK AT YOU!!" I was completely deflated. Come on someone has to notice, right? I even bought new clothes. More form fitting to show off my new body. Nothing!

When did people start to notice your weight loss?

Replies

• dj_stevie_c
    Options
    I just said this in another thread.

Who cares as long as you notice?

If you see people day by day it's actually quite hard to notice small changes, but eventually they will. Until then enjoy what you're getting back yourself, it can be your little secret :)

It used to be that at 10% people start to notice, but with so many fad diets and people going up and down all the time I reckon it's more like 20%.
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat..very few have said anything to me......that is ok. I walk around with a smirk on my face as if I know something they don't. It doesn't matter if anyone notices. I NOTICE and that is all that truly counts!

Have a great day!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Some people probably do notice and don't say anything because they don't want to, don't know how to say it and some just don't know IF they should say anything. Some may be a little envious and can't just be happy for you, but don't worry about those fools, just be proud of yourself for the awesome work you've done!
  • ismatts
    Options
    Damned if you do, Damned if you dont.
  • Destined
    Options
    I lost 20 pounds during the summer.. When I went back to college on Monday I was expecting wow you have lost weight, but nothing at all.. That is a bummer.. But guess what I do notice and I am doing it for me.. My doctor noticed and my blood pressure noticed and it was 100/70 seriously???My internal organs notices I am losing weight and that all that matters..Keep your head up and do it for you. DOn't worry about them people.Hugs!!
  • ismatts
    Options
    I've lost 30 pounds. I've gone from a 24 to an 18. Still noone...and I mean NO ONE has noticed. I can understand the people I see everyday at work, okay I'll let them slide. But I saw a few people that I haven't seen since my heaviest weight and nothing. I can't believe it. I was so pumped to see them and when the first thing that came out of their mouth wasn't "OH MY GOSH...LOOK AT YOU!!" I was completely deflated. Come on someone has to notice, right? I even bought new clothes. More form fitting to show off my new body. Nothing!

I think you are doing great BTW... Sometimes people are too caught up in their own lives to pay attention to others. Selfish I know, but it happens.
  • bevkaysmith
    bevkaysmith Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I was once told by someone that they did noticed when I had lost alot of weight before
    That they were scared I was sick or something>they did not realize I was trying till
    they seen my and my husband together(we both lost alot)..
    I told meself as long as I notice that is all that mattered! Keep up the good weight loss!
    God Bless...:smile:
  • sgssmile
    Options
    I know it is happening to me too. I think people are nervous to say anything as they realize it may be a touchy subject...who knows, just keep up the good work!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    For me I think it was around the 30lbs. mark where people started noticing. That was when the weight started coming off my face. Give it a little more time and then one day everybody will start making comments. It'll happen your right there. Look how much you've done so far and you have to be feeling better. Relax, you're doing great!
  • johnmcc22
    Options
    think of what you would tell your kids "don't worry what everyone else says" lol, seriously as long as you notice..Believe me, they will notice soon enough
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, they will be noticing--maybe not saying anything, but noticing anyway.
    Primarily, your blood pressure is probably getting to safer levels;
    your BMI is getting down toward the healthy 25;
    your waist is getting down to 1/2 of your height (Dr Oz says this.) EX: Height=66in, Waist should=33in, or less.)
    Your muscles are getting more toned, including your heart and lungs and your brain is getting more oxygen and better nutrients.
    You are reducing your chances of getting all sorts of fat-related diseases.

You keeping on doing what you are doing, wonderful person!!! :drinker: (water)
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I just said this in another thread.

Who cares as long as you notice?

If you see people day by day it's actually quite hard to notice small changes, but eventually they will. Until then enjoy what you're getting back yourself, it can be your little secret :)

It used to be that at 10% people start to notice, but with so many fad diets and people going up and down all the time I reckon it's more like 20%.

Agree!
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    My friends starting noticing within two weeks that I was slimming down.

My husband couldn't tell until after a month (he was on medical leave for 30 days so we saw me everyday lol) My sister had came to visit for a month, she went to her dad's house for a week and came back to KY for a day and when she seen she said "wow, you look skinny". That was before I hit 10lbs loss

This past weekend I had went to the bowling alley for a friend's son b-day - this was when i hit 13lbs lost and my friends were amazed about how much I slimmed down in under two months.
  • sexylonglegs
    Options

I think you are doing great BTW... Sometimes people are too caught up in their own lives to pay attention to others. Selfish I know, but it happens.

Ditto ^
  • nalia08
    nalia08 Posts: 252
    Options
    There are two aproaches this can have. Some people don't say anything because it may be uncormfortable for them. They might have noticed, but may feel that you may take it wrong if they say something. For example there is this guy at my job who has lost a ton of weight, but I know he is not at his goal weight, so I haven't said anything to him at all. But then I said what the heck, he should know how is work is paying off, I told him. I didnt want to offend him.

Another thing could be people dont really know if you have lost weight cause they see you on a regular. Or just really don't pay close attention.
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    It wasn't until I'd lost almost 80 lbs before people started noticing. They'll come around.
  • futurerunner
    futurerunner Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone...I know that I want to do this for me and my health...but don't you still want that acknowledgement? Don't you still want that praise from people?

I just keep saying "well wait until I lose 50 pounds, then someone is going to have to notice." and then if they still don't, "Well wait until I lose 75 pounds." and if they STILL don't notice.. I'll say "LOOK AT ME...I'M SMOKIN HOT NOW!" and then do a cat walk, turn and pose. (and won't be out of breath and sweating from the cat walk) :happy:
  • panjabi
    panjabi Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    the important thing is that you have lost the weight and that you know.

don't worry about anyone else, some people notice and don't say. some people don't notice.

keep going you're making good progress.
  • kenlc
    kenlc Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    First, I want to say you are doing great and should be very proud of your success...For me, I didnt get much reaction until I lost about 35 pounds or so. All of a sudden now, everyone is starting to notice and saying someting. It really does make me feel good when people notice, but reglardless I am doing this for me, and I do notice all sorts of changes in my life...
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    who says they don't notice? Some ppl just don't say anything for any number of reasons, I might not, and I sure as heck would NOT say a thing if someone gained weight. Some ppl are uncomfy when comments are made in either direction so some ppl have learned not to say a thing to be safe.

Unless I know someone is TRYING to lose weight, I sure don't say anything unless it's a very close friend. There's a woman I volunteer with that is very illl and has cancer again, ppl tell her often how great she looks losing so much weight.......... EEEK, ackward she's got stage 4 breast cancer, ......I learned a lesson from that one...

There could be a million reasons why nothing is said outloud. Several here shared, be happy for yourself, it's you that you did it for right? Then be happy for yourself that you finally met your goal with all that hard work.

**Edit: I'm exausted...I do hope my wording makes sense, I go to reread my post and my eyes keeping shutting on me, so I gotta just hope my spelling/typos are readble enough.:yawn: :yawn: