The Journey is Eye Opening :)

Options
"It's not what you know, it's what you use that makes a difference." Zig Ziglar

Interesting quote for my eye opening journey. I knew I was overweight, I knew I had high blood pressure, I knew I was slowly killing myself and I knew that only I could do something about it. So, I began to make use of what I know :happy: I use my fitness pal daily and I log my calories. That simple. Well.....maybe a little more. :tongue: I have also went from walking to biking. I use the knowledge that giant empty calories ruin my day when I can eat a ton of veggies and good tasting fruit. Amazing. I have been stuck on a plateau for several weeks, but you know what?! I use that to realize "hey, I can stay at this weight and I am not gaining back." I am riding a little longer and feeling so good. And.......this morning.........BREAK THROUGH!!! Tlhis 50 year old gal has lost 30 pounds since January 2013. :blushing: God bless you on your journey!

Replies

• katelynal
    katelynal Posts: 114
    Options
    Congrats on your 'simple' use of knowledge to attain your wonderful loss!! :)
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It's great to know you stuck with it. Inspirational for me!
  • rlkilgo
    rlkilgo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :happy: I just saw something that another MFP mentioned: "Don't mistake thirst for hunger"......I have learned this is very true. Quoted from dshamilt :smile:

Rachel from Alabama