Sample Food Menu for weigh loss and toning??

Options
Hi All,

Just joined here as I've recently embarked on a journey of healthy eating and boot camp style workouts 4 times a week.

My aim is to loose 20lbs and get toned.

Does anybody have a sample food plan of what I should be eating daily in a typical week?

I know that I can track my calorie intake on this, but I would like to see what a typical food diary for a week looks like for a female trying to loose weight and tone up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    To lose weight, eat whatever you like as long as it fits into your calories and macros.

You don't tone... you either lose muscle, maintain muscle, or build muscle. I'm guessing by tone you mean build muscle in which case you need to eat at a calorie surplus and lift heavy weights. Trying to lose weight normally comes with some muscle loss along the way.

If you want to lose 20lbs. Set your goal to 1lb per week until you get to 10-15lbs left than put your weekly goal to 0.5lbs. Eat whatever it is that you like that fits into your goals. Try to limit processed foods and ensure you get enough protein. Eating specific foods won't make you lose more weight.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    You can easily figure out how many calories you need to eat by using this nice calculator: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • Firestar98
    Firestar98 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    As others stated there's no such thing as "toning". If you lose weight and that weight is fat then your muscle will more easily show on your frame/body. If you gain muscle and your fat isn't in the way then the muscle will be more prominently displayed.

If you ever see a guy/girl in the gym using a low weight and going for high reps either laugh at them or ignore all advice they are giving you regarding "toning". Either lose fat or gain muscle--pick one, stick with it until you've earned those gains then change your strategy once you've either lost all you can reasonably lose, or gained all you can reasonably gain.