Done with not feeling well!!

Options
amyamon14
amyamon14 Posts: 10 Member
Hello everyone, My name is Amy.. I am not new to MFP but am new to the community boards and such. I have been unsuccessful up to this point in losing any weight so am looking to support from the people who have done this or are doing this!
I have 46lbs to lose... and a goal to be healthier and hopefully help my anxiety and breathing. I want to be in shape!
I look at pictures of me and am disgusted... I know my eating is not good and need help in that area... and exercise is hard because as soon as my heart rate increases I have a panic attack.. feel like i cant breath and I get scared to continue.. I need suggestions and support.. Ill take anything at this point.

I would also like that counter that I see everyone having.

:) Amy

Replies

• Fatlorenzo
    Fatlorenzo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    aww, add me as a friend, you'll do well :)
  • l_clc
    l_clc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Added you :)
    I had major anxiety problems as well....eating right has helped! Look forward to getting to know you :)
  • PLoveElliott
    PLoveElliott Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy,
    Nice to meet you! One thing to remember is that being healthy is more about what you eat than exercise...though exercise is a very important element. When I was at my worst health wise I decided that since I couldn't do much more than walk that would be what I would do. I started walking. The first walk (with hills b/c I live in SF) was only 20 minutes. I gradually increased the time and in a few months I was walking 1hour a day (I started walking home from work). I am now doing a lot of other things. It just takes time to build up the endurance. Start slow....
    Feel free to add me. I am on MFP many times a day logging food and exercise. Don't hesitate to reach out should you have questions or just want to rant! This journey isn't always easy...but having the support of people really does help.
  • afreelandgti
    Options
    Hello everyone, My name is Amy.. I am not new to MFP but am new to the community boards and such. I have been unsuccessful up to this point in losing any weight so am looking to support from the people who have done this or are doing this!
    I have 46lbs to lose... and a goal to be healthier and hopefully help my anxiety and breathing. I want to be in shape!
    I look at pictures of me and am disgusted... I know my eating is not good and need help in that area... and exercise is hard because as soon as my heart rate increases I have a panic attack.. feel like i cant breath and I get scared to continue.. I need suggestions and support.. Ill take anything at this point.

I would also like that counter that I see everyone having.

:) Amy

My ex-girlfriend suffered with anxiety attacks. That's not a laughing matter at all. Have you sought medical advice regarding this? Don't let that stop you from exercise because the hormones released in your body after a hard workout have been shown to fight depression and anxiety. You can add me if you want I'd be glad to share any help I can. Lastly once again I think seeing a doctor wouldn't hurt if you haven't seen one yet.
  • amyamon14
    Options
    Thank you Patty.. I need all the encouragement and support I can get!
  • amyamon14
    Options
    I have seen a doctor and am on medications. They also gave me propanolol? to help as a beta blocker when I exercise, which does help a lot, but there are times I still feel the panic coming in. It is scary because I feel like I can not breath.. and like I said.. it makes me scared to keep going..
    I also need help with food!!! I don't know how to add new healthy foods that are low calorie, sodium, sugar or carbs!
    I do have one bad bad habit of getting a daily Mocha... I cut the whip cream, switched to soy milk, and always get decaf.. ( the caffeine doe not help my anxiety!) I dont want to give up my coffee... but know that I probably should.
  • MorningWhispers
    Options
    I agree that weight loss is more about the diet than it is about the exercise - you can't out exercise a bad diet.

Maybe you should find an activity that you enjoy and doesn't feel like exercise to start out with - a casual bike ride around your neighborhood, jumping on a trampoline (those little personal size ones are usually under $50), playing one of the dance video games, etc.

As long as your body is moving, it doesn't have to be anything real strenuous, start out with something you can handle and gradually work your way up.
  • inch11
    inch11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy, it's nice to you. Kudos for giving the community boards a try. I agree with the other posters about taking it easy with the exercise. A past personal trainer told me that exercise is only 20% of the weightloss formula- you really need to focus on eating healthy and in the right amounts for you.

To answer your question regarding the weight loss ticker, it is on your profile page- right hand side under "Success". There is an option to add it to your profile.

Please add me as a friend :-)
  • amyamon14
    Options
    9134070.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • amyamon14
    Options
    woohoo! haha