Snacks

Options
2»

Replies

• autumnsquirrel
    autumnsquirrel Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm a snack kinda girl, anyone have some healthy snack ideas?
    I love Nature's Path Pumpkin Flax seed granola. Go easy; it's healthy, but 3/4 cup is the serving. I also enjoy Special K strawberry crisps; they are like pop tarts but without all the junk. It comes in chocolate, too, and other flavors if you are so inclined. Apple slices with natural peanut butter or a piece of Ezekiel bread with natural peanut butter on it. A handful of almonds can be filling. I have made zucchini boats---slice zucchini length wise, scoop out the seeds, put a pinch of parmesan cheese, diced tomatoes, onions; anything you like on it, drizzle with olive oil (I spritz with Olive Oil Pam spray to save on fat and calories), bake at 400 for 15 minutes and you have little zucchini pizzas:)
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I just tried the Fiber One Protein bars. 130 calories, tastes like a candy bar, makes you feel full! I also eat apple slices, low fat cheese, deli meat, yogurt, cottage cheese... I try to keep it below 150 calories and high in protein to make me feel full.

At night I crave junk food, so I like to eat Skinny Cow, Pringles single packs, Pringles Stix (only 80 calories!) - anything portion controlled to satisfy the craving!
  • jdwsbutterfly5604
    jdwsbutterfly5604 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow! Lots of ideas here! Thanks for the good read!