Needing motivators!!

Options
I used to be so good at motivating myself to exercise but I haven't properly exercised in months. My total weight loss so far is 17lbs but I've maintained/gone up and down since march. I'm going to start the 30 day shred again because that helped a lot, but I just can't find the energy or effort to start?! I'd love some motivators to help me along the way!

Replies

• angiefairclough
    Options
    Hi, I am pretty new to this but have just put an entry on my blog about a summer holiday challenge if you want to have a look?.. I wanted to enter it as a post but not sure how?.
  • Jdanforth5
    Jdanforth5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Do you have a local senior center (they don't always require you to be over 55 to participate and the classes are very inexpensive) or a county recreational center. Check it out! I have found that working out with a group helps keep me motivated and encouraged!
  • mrivera1962
    Options
    Wow, 17lbs lost so far. I sure hope to be in your league soon have lots to go..Just take it one day at a Time. Stay Strong and the Sky is the Limit..We are all here 2 support each other...Think Positive and just go for it...
  • sire137
    sire137 Posts: 41
    Options
    that's one of the reasons I go to the gym on the way home from work. I may not feel motivated some days, but as soon as I get there that changes and I feel pumped, or at least I'm there and have no excuses. If I go home first I most likely won't go back out again.
    another thing that helps me is my coworkers. they talk about their workouts the day before or what they are doing later and that gets me motivated to go. so maybe share your routine with some friends who are also exercising? Its also easier to stay active than to go through bursts of intense training.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    You have to motivate yourself.
  • moniquelana25
    Options
    what excatly is the 30 day shred sounds like something I would do
  • SkylinePigeon9797
    Options
    1.) You are almost halfway to your goal. Don't forget that!
    2.) Maintaining is half the battle. People lose tons of weight all the time, but they gain it back (I'm one of them). Learning how to maintain is a huge thing, be proud of yourself for what you have accomplished.
    3.) If you're unable to get up the gumption to start working out, focus on your diet and make sure you are eating lean and clean with enough fruits and vegetables. Counting calories is great, but if your are still putting junk in, you aren't going to feel good and that will hold your motivation in check. And you might just discover that a few diet adjustments may give you the boost you need to get back to your workouts!